Miami

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Bianci has to step it up...Period.

Personnaly, I would like to see Kessinger at the helm, what he has done at AK State speaks volumes.

Bianco is good , but the talent this team had looms large...and we should have done better than what we did...we should be in Omaha...he did not get us there.....
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I disagree. I want Bianco. He's proven we can win, have we gone to Omaha? No, but he's gotten us closer than anyone else and we have been consistent winners since he arrived. Before him, Ole Miss baseball was pretty much a joke. We'd win every now or then but nothing consistently.

This team just really underachieved. I believe there were several things that caused it. We had little leadership even though we had a several Sr.'s and Jr.'s. Our hitting philosophy was poor. We were impatient at the plate too often. Also, we had several injuries, Button getting hurt and folks forget that Matt Smith hurt his arm and he was supposed to pitch for us some. Henry's slump really hurt for 3/4th's of the season. Not having him as a catalyst at the leadoff took some pop out of the lineup. Lastly, it was much more difficult to replace Cozart than most realized. Button was solid at SS while healthy, but he was not Cozart and when he went down, Ferguson was a major drop off. Hopefully he'll improve for next year.

I would like for us to get rid of Rienstetle(sp). He's been here for 2 years and our hitting has worsened each year, he's also responsible for the infield and their play was poor this year. I'd rather see us bring Stuart Lake back to work with the hitters and the infield. We've won with Bianco and he's the most consistent winning coach of the 'big 3' sports, getting rid of him would be a major mistake on our part.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hey Guys, with the coaching that we now have in Nutt, Kennedy and Bianco, the future never looked brighter. How exciting it is to know that Ole Miss has the quality coaching it has needed for quite sometime and some of the finest if not the finest facilities around. The next several years should be great fun and set the tone for recruitng for years to come.

GO REBS!!!!!!
Just another day being better than State.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

OMNOB wrote:Bianci has to step it up...Period.

Personnaly, I would like to see Kessinger at the helm, what he has done at AK State speaks volumes.

Bianco is good , but the talent this team had looms large...and we should have done better than what we did...we should be in Omaha...he did not get us there.....
What has Kessinger done at A-State that "speaks volumes"? So he has beaten us a few times, but that is it.

Bianco has built this program from the ground up and showed great loyalty a few seasons ago when LSU, his alma mater, came calling.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemsdave76 wrote:
OMNOB wrote:Bianci has to step it up...Period.

What has Kessinger done at A-State that "speaks volumes"? So he has beaten us a few times, but that is it.

Bianco has built this program from the ground up and showed great loyalty a few seasons ago when LSU, his alma mater, came calling.

I'm sorry, but calling for Bianco's head is just plain dumb. We had a down year and it sucked. If a down year means playing Miami for a chance to move on to the Super Regionals, then sign me up.

I know we had BIG expectations for this team, but sometimes it doesn't work out. Bianco has to get over the Omaha hump and I believe he can. If this happens for two more years, then maybe we need to get someone in here to break through. But now now. But the talent stream is not going down anytime soon. So cool off and get ready for a better football season.
Some Random Dude
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think OMNOB was calling for his head, just voicing his opinion.

I would agree, I want Bianco to stay, but he does need to step it up. We have had good talent, you've got to look at the coaching next.

Nope, no one calling for Bianco's head - I'm at the point with the coaching carousel that I want them all to get 10 years, if they can put together one top 10 year in those 10 years, we keep them.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
Heath
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:
Heath wrote:Oh well. That was a bad year, but hopefully they can regroup, recruit, and return stronger next year. With the stadium being half-way finished with the addition, that should help recruiting... I hope.
Has not closing the deal on players been a problem? I remember reading some stat that 90something percent of the players who visit OM for baseball commit.
Yeah, you're right. However, for some reason, Bianco is not ever in the top 5 to 10 in recruiting classes nationally (or from what I have seen anyway). Hopefully, the improved stadium, and another few getting drafted, will bring in classes like they have at N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Fla. State, etc. Does that make any sense, or was that a dumb statement on my part?

But then again, we saw what a good recruiting coach did for us when Orgeron was here.