SEC Loaded again..

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Scout Gamecock Board.....
He starts with UGA and goes down the list, predicting UF to win the NC

6. Florida: When I look at the 2008 Gators I see a quality coaching staff, a Heisman winner at quarterback, a speed-driven offense, a talent-rich defense and a schedule built for a national title run. I think Florida will win it all this fall and the Urban Legend will continue to grow. My pick: No. 1.

46. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs won eight games last year with virtuallly no offense. That catches up to you after awhile. My pick: 65.

53. Ole Miss: Houston Nutt is a much better coach than Ed Orgeron and Jevan Snead is a much better quarterback than Seth Adams. Orgeron left behind some good recruits, so the Rebels could be the SEC's most improved team. My pick: 50.

54. Arkansas: The Hogs' 2007 offense was built around Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. The '08 attack is built around Casey "That other QB from Arkansas". Does anyone else see a problem here? My pick: 55.

Full story..
http://southcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=2&c=765813

I have to say , all this positive stuff about our new staff and JS makes me a little nervous. Like every time they say this dude has never missed a field goal from 30 yds, you can bet he'll shank it. When it comes to football I have Black Cat Syndrome. Anyone else?
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:Scout Gamecock Board.....
He starts with UGA and goes down the list, predicting UF to win the NC

6. Florida: When I look at the 2008 Gators I see a quality coaching staff, a Heisman winner at quarterback, a speed-driven offense, a talent-rich defense and a schedule built for a national title run. I think Florida will win it all this fall and the Urban Legend will continue to grow. My pick: No. 1.

46. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs won eight games last year with virtuallly no offense. That catches up to you after awhile. My pick: 65.

53. Ole Miss: Houston Nutt is a much better coach than Ed Orgeron and Jevan Snead is a much better quarterback than Seth Adams. Orgeron left behind some good recruits, so the Rebels could be the SEC's most improved team. My pick: 50.

54. Arkansas: The Hogs' 2007 offense was built around Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. The '08 attack is built around Casey *beep*. Does anyone else see a problem here? My pick: 55.

Full story..
http://southcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=2&c=765813

I have to say , all this positive stuff about our new staff and JS makes me a little nervous. Like every time they say this dude has never missed a field goal from 30 yds, you can bet he'll shank it. When it comes to football I have Black Cat Syndrome. Anyone else?
Getting picked as the 50th best team in the country ain't exactly high praise if you asked me. Now granted that would be a huge improvement but not enough praise to make me nervous.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I'm hoping we sneak up on a few. 50, unfortunately, is probably about right. I think our conditioning and Nutt's organization will have us in some positions to win some games that we have lost in the past.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:S

Getting picked as the 50th best team in the country ain't exactly high praise if you asked me. Now granted that would be a huge improvement but not enough praise to make me nervous.
No 50th is better than 75th, but doesn't qualify as nerve racking. What makes me a little edgy is all of the experts' praise of Snead, who not only hasn't played in the SEC yet, but has been out of the game for a year. It s their assumption that Jevan is the QB we've been missing the past 4 seasons that makes me cross my fingers & look for some wood to knock.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:S

No 50th is better than 75th, but doesn't qualify as nerve racking. What makes me a little edgy is all of the experts' praise of Snead, who not only hasn't played in the SEC yet, but has been out of the game for a year. It s their assumption that Jevan is the QB we've been missing the past 4 seasons that makes me cross my fingers & look for some wood to knock.
Now that is a good point. The last solid QB we had at Ole Miss just won a superbowl. The only other really great one before that is the OC and the one before that is the most recent's daddy. Three really great QBs in 30yrs is once a decade. So basically what they are saying is that Snead is that once in a decade kind of QB for Ole Miss. I see your point. Well then you don't want to hear what Austin has to say about Jevan because he is flat out blowing sunshine. Truthfully though there is something that we need to point out here. We have at least 2 maybe 3 NFL caliber running backs this year. Our OL is solid and our receiving core is solid. Jevan is going to have some tools to work with. Not to mention Austin and Nutt backing him up with a scheme. Sounds like a plan to me.
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I just have this feeling. I am so familiar with Jevan Snead and his ability and i think Kent Austin and Houston Nutt can cause this talent to explode in a definite gradual slant to where this year will be good and next year better.
I am so excited for the football season to start, I traded cars yesterday and got one that is "Ole Miss" Blue.
I AM READY,
RUE
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jimbo wrote:I just have this feeling. I am so familiar with Jevan Snead and his ability and i think Kent Austin and Houston Nutt can cause this talent to explode in a definite gradual slant to where this year will be good and next year better.
I am so excited for the football season to start, I traded cars yesterday and got one that is "Ole Miss" Blue.
I AM READY,
Rebmobile? like it! So Jimbo you've seen JS play? TX? HS? Give us the scoop....

Yea heard Austin's interview, very interesting. I could almost believe we'll sling it around, but blowing sunshine about our Qb the past few years has become an OM off-season tradition, and KA did say everything was about selling didn't he? Well, ok I'm sold. 8)