Schlabac released his bowl predictions...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

And put us right where everyone figured we'd be. But that's fine, I guess. I'd sort of rather the other way around with Moo U, though.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/s ... FHeadlines
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No problem with the bowl pick for the Rebs. Hope we make it there or better, but HOW MANY TIMES does THE Ohio have to beaten like an old rug by the SEC to not be preselected as #1/contender? Lsu even spotted them a TD & then only played about 2Q and still wiped the field with them. Do these poll people even watch the games? If so they must be Wolverines with a twisted sense of humor.......
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I think the Ohio St University continues to go to National Championship game after National Championship game because, for reasons unknown to me, the Big 10 is still percieved as a "big time conference". Well, it isn't. Matter of fact, it's weak. But still, somehow the media overall still gives the conference nationwide clout. That said, the Buckeyes just continue to steam roll thier opponets, win the Big Ten, and get the National Championship bid.

I like the Dawgs prediction, though, and at the end of the season I hope they play USC as they should have a season ago.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
done

OMNOB wrote: I like the Dawgs prediction, though, and at the end of the season I hope they play USC as they should have a season ago.
If not the Rebels, then I have no problem with that matchup at all....but have to adamantly disagree with you on "as they should have a season ago".

If you can't even win your division, much less your conference...you got no business playing for a National Championship....PERIOD.

They lost any claim to that when TN whooped their ass up and down the field.

I like and respect Georgia, but I am tired of them whining about that (GA fans that is, not you OMNOB).
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Sorry RebChuck, I did not mean that Georgia should have played in the National Championship game last year, on this front I do agree with you 100% (and you think you have to listen to whiny UGA fans?? I live here! :lol: ).

What I was referencing was the idiocy on the part of the BCS, or NCAA, or bowl comities (whichever) that paired USC and Illinois in the Rose Bowl and UGA and Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl, when even the most average NCAA football fan knew that USC and UGA should have played in the Rose as many had predicted. That would have been a good game and we the people would not have to be punished by the absolute barn burners that we were subjected to with the afore mentioned match ups.

Again, my bad, I should have been more clear.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB wrote:Sorry RebChuck, I did not mean that Georgia should have played in the National Championship game last year, on this front I do agree with you 100% (and you think you have to listen to whiny UGA fans?? I live here! :lol: ).

What I was referencing was the idiocy on the part of the BCS, or NCAA, or bowl comities (whichever) that paired USC and Illinois in the Rose Bowl and UGA and Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl, when even the most average NCAA football fan knew that USC and UGA should have played in the Rose as many had predicted. That would have been a good game and we the people would not have to be punished by the absolute barn burners that we were subjected to with the afore mentioned match ups.

Again, my bad, I should have been more clear.
That would've been a good game, but once the championship game is set the conference ties kick in don't they. An SEC would never play in the Rose Bowl unless there were two BCS SEC teams and one of them wasn't in the championship...

carry the 2...

Yeah, I think that's right?
Some Random Dude
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

OMNOB wrote:I think the Ohio St University continues to go to National Championship game after National Championship game because, for reasons unknown to me, the Big 10 is still percieved as a "big time conference". Well, it isn't. Matter of fact, it's weak. But still, somehow the media overall still gives the conference nationwide clout. That said, the Buckeyes just continue to steam roll thier opponets, win the Big Ten, and get the National Championship bid.

I like the Dawgs prediction, though, and at the end of the season I hope they play USC as they should have a season ago.
I would think that most "pull for the SEC at all times" fans would like the idea of Ohio State being in the championship game. It pretty much assures that if the SEC makes it, the SEC will have the NC, even if the SEC team is not as good as some have been in the past.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:
OMNOB wrote:I think the Ohio St University continues to go to National Championship game after National Championship game because, for reasons unknown to me, the Big 10 is still percieved as a "big time conference". Well, it isn't. Matter of fact, it's weak. But still, somehow the media overall still gives the conference nationwide clout. That said, the Buckeyes just continue to steam roll thier opponets, win the Big Ten, and get the National Championship bid.

I would think that most "pull for the SEC at all times" fans would like the idea of Ohio State being in the championship game. It pretty much assures that if the SEC makes it, the SEC will have the NC, even if the SEC team is not as good as some have been in the past.
True, but I'm selfish, so I'd like an exciting game, even if the SEC team lost. Unless of course OM was the SEC team in question, then bring on The Ohio Whatevers ( & no, I'm NOT saying we could beat Ohio now, just saying...)
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I'm with Chuck on this one. Georgia was a very good team, but the didn't take of business when they needed. If you don't win your Conference, no way you should have a chance at the MNC.

Georgia whipped Hawaii in their bowl, but I believe several SEC teams would have dismantled Hawaii also. They had not faced teams with DT's and DE's as fast as UGA had. 3-4 SEC would have buried the QB similar to what UGA did. The Warriors timing was off all night.
twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

I dont really like many of the picks, its good to see he has us gong to a bowl but I think we have more potential. This low expectation for us will help this year when we upset Wake Forest and take our four win streak to the swamp where one of the biggest sec upsets in history will take place.
optimism is more fun than dwelling on the past
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Redbluedude wrote:I'm with Chuck on this one. Georgia was a very good team, but the didn't take of business when they needed. If you don't win your Conference, no way you should have a chance at the MNC.

Georgia whipped Hawaii in their bowl, but I believe several SEC teams would have dismantled Hawaii also. They had not faced teams with DT's and DE's as fast as UGA had. 3-4 SEC would have buried the QB similar to what UGA did. The Warriors timing was off all night.
Again, I did not insinuate that UGA should have played in the Championship game.

According to the likes of ESPN (the World Wide Leader in Sports), UGA could have taken on USC in the Rose Bowl, and should have given the outcome of USC vs Illinois and UGA vs Hawaii...

I certainly did not mean to spurn this debate.

That said (getting back to the purpose of this thread) if we Bowl,Liberty style, I am down.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

twlong wrote:I dont really like many of the picks, its good to see he has us gong to a bowl but I think we have more potential. This low expectation for us will help this year when we upset Wake Forest and take our four win streak to the swamp where one of the biggest sec upsets in history will take place.
psh. I'm a doubting thomas.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

dgmcdowe wrote:
twlong wrote:I dont really like many of the picks, its good to see he has us gong to a bowl but I think we have more potential. This low expectation for us will help this year when we upset Wake Forest and take our four win streak to the swamp where one of the biggest sec upsets in history will take place.
psh. I'm a doubting thomas.
Youre also a Debbie Downer and Negative Nancy, but hey, Im a Chatty Cathy, so who cares
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Being a UGA fan (a far second to Ole Miss, but a fan nonetheless) I like the prediction. I am a big believer in Mark Richt and I'd love to see him with a NC under his belt. He's a good man with a good mind for the game (despite some questionable calls against Florida the past couple of years).
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BeeDee wrote:Being a UGA fan (a far second to Ole Miss, but a fan nonetheless) I like the prediction. I am a big believer in Mark Richt and I'd love to see him with a NC under his belt. He's a good man with a good mind for the game (despite some questionable calls against Florida the past couple of years).
Plus he's hot :wink:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.