twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

who do you play
optimism is more fun than dwelling on the past
twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Eason is older but really does not have any game experience, Enrique seems to be more talented on paper I think nutt will use probable give them around equal time n the memphis game but I think Davis will prove superior and catch the starting job
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

twlong wrote:who do you play
Seeing how Davis has never played a down in the SEC and Eason got what...6 carries last year. I'd split their carries evenly in the Memphis game and see what happens. I don't think we'll go wrong with either one.

Unless, of course, the staff feels they have a clear cut frontrunner in practice. JMO and I'm no coach.
Some Random Dude
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
twlong wrote:who do you play
Seeing how Davis has never played a down in the SEC and Eason got what...6 carries last year. I'd split their carries evenly in the Memphis game and see what happens. I don't think we'll go wrong with either one.

Unless, of course, the staff feels they have a clear cut frontrunner in practice. JMO and I'm no coach.
I hope he can't decide on a permanent starter until the egg bowl....BECAUSE THE RELIEVER COMES IN AND OUTSHINES THE STARTER EVERY GAME.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Depending on how well freshman two-a-days go and team two-a-days go Davis could easily take the starting job.

If Eason coasted through spring ball as I've both read and heard I'm betting Nutt is going to really push to see who is going to want the job the most. He's not comfortable with Eason but he's all Nutt really had coming into the deal so he's working him.

When Davis shows up and Eason is taking less snaps that'll be a good thing because it'll force him to step up his game...as much as his athletic ability will allow.

If Davis is a baller and picks up the offense, it likely won't matter; Davis is going to get the nod. Eason's pretty much made his own bed at this point.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

A10Rebel wrote:Depending on how well freshman two-a-days go and team two-a-days go Davis could easily take the starting job.

If Eason coasted through spring ball as I've both read and heard I'm betting Nutt is going to really push to see who is going to want the job the most. He's not comfortable with Eason but he's all Nutt really had coming into the deal so he's working him.

When Davis shows up and Eason is taking less snaps that'll be a good thing because it'll force him to step up his game...as much as his athletic ability will allow.

If Davis is a baller and picks up the offense, it likely won't matter; Davis is going to get the nod. Eason's pretty much made his own bed at this point.
I agree A10, I have heard the same on Eason. I hope he doesn't become a distraction if he doesn't get his way.
I hope they both play off the competition and help each other get better.

RebelBond

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

RebelBond wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:Depending on how well freshman two-a-days go and team two-a-days go Davis could easily take the starting job.

I agree A10, I have heard the same on Eason. I hope he doesn't become a distraction if he doesn't get his way.
I hope they both play off the competition and help each other get better.

RebelBond

RebelBond
It's amazing now how players choose to become a distraction because they simply got beat out in terms of talent. If it's Davis, he needs to have Eason nipping at his heels for the job. Also Eason needs find out he's no lock for the job either, getting a "B" grade for the spring, especially when your coach just built two incredible studs at his Alma Mater, is a good way to get fired. Not that life is fair but the bar has been set and set high. Nutt knows the talent level and personality it takes and that's what he's going to recruit. (specifically to RB's)
cajunrebel

Play them both in the Memphis game after we get up by 5 TD's and see what happens.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Ole Miss Grad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Bolden
HOOTEREB
Water Boy
Water Boy

Great challenge to work hard. It should be a fun thing to watch. :D
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

who cares? as lkong as we win
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

You know i don't think you can play just one. In my opinion you have to play them all to see what your working with. One thing is for sure I have no worries when it comes to the running game having coach Nutt at the helm. We have 3 RB's that could turn out to be good so we'll just have to wait to see what happenes. Thank god we don't have that much longer to wait.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

BigTrev34 wrote:who cares? as lkong as we win
I care because I don't want to just win. I want to completely demoralize and dominate. I want someone else to say, "we're going to get steam rolled by their running game, so we need to step it up."

Just winning happens on an off weekend. Dominating happens every other weekend and it's the difference between playing in December and playing in January.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

A10Rebel wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:who cares? as lkong as we win
I care because I don't want to just win. I want to completely demoralize and dominate. I want someone else to say, "we're going to get steam rolled by their running game, so we need to step it up."

Just winning happens on an off weekend. Dominating happens every other weekend and it's the difference between playing in December and playing in January.
A10 you hit the nail on the head. You just win against Samford but when you beat LSU or BAMA then that means we dominated and we have to dominate to just win sometimes. My belief is that competition is good. IF you want it take it cause we are not handing you anything. That was the problem with BS we just handed him the qb job. In life you have to earn what you get and if you sit around waiting on things to be handed to you then when you are 18 you will sitting in the same place waiting on the same thing when you are 38.

So I say buckle up your chin strap and suck it up or go home!!!!!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi