Why did Michael Oher return to school?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebellion blog, CL

'The answer seems to be pretty simple — strength. Michael Oher is obviously a large man who can whip 99.9 percent of the human population, but for an NFL left tackle, his strength — specifically his upper body strength — was not necessarily ideal back in winter when he was deciding whether or not to declare for the NFL draft...

In today's interview, he says that's changed, but he won't give any exact numbers on how much his bench pressing these days. His only clue is this: He can now do six repetitions of what used to be his maximum bench press. If he has indeed gotten physically stronger, he ought to be a sight to watch come fall practice. NFL scouts and coach Houston Nutt have always said the one thing Oher lacks is that nastiness and ultra-physical attitude. We'll see if he's found it over the offseason. If he has, he'll have quite the payday come next April.'

Anyone know know what used to be his max? Why be so secretive? I'd be telling everyone who would listen.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:Rebellion blog, CL

'The answer seems to be pretty simple — strength. Michael Oher is obviously a large man who can whip 99.9 percent of the human population, but for an NFL left tackle, his strength — specifically his upper body strength — was not necessarily ideal back in winter when he was deciding whether or not to declare for the NFL draft...

In today's interview, he says that's changed, but he won't give any exact numbers on how much his bench pressing these days. His only clue is this: He can now do six repetitions of what used to be his maximum bench press. If he has indeed gotten physically stronger, he ought to be a sight to watch come fall practice. NFL scouts and coach Houston Nutt have always said the one thing Oher lacks is that nastiness and ultra-physical attitude. We'll see if he's found it over the offseason. If he has, he'll have quite the payday come next April.'

Anyone know know what used to be his max? Why be so secretive? I'd be telling everyone who would listen.
I am guessing his max should have been higher and he is not proud of it. But is willing to say that he can now do 6 reps of his old max, which is to say he is getting stronger and hopes to have a genuine max by the draft that will turn heads.
TulsaReb
Banned

To win a championship.
ARebelForLife21
Water Boy
Water Boy

TulsaReb wrote:To win a championship.

Well... one can dream... But maybe we can atleast get him to a bowl before he graduates.
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

ARebelForLife21 wrote:
TulsaReb wrote:To win a championship.

Well... one can dream... But maybe we can atleast get him to a bowl before he graduates.
Well we can certianly say this we do have the ability to get him to a bowl this year. I think we'll win 7 games providing we beat Wake Forrest and if we don't I still think we will 6 with no problem.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”