A reminder of what Coach Nutt had to deal with at Arky.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

------------------

I ran across this while looking at old posts on another board...I'd completely forgotten about this.

Completely inexcusable...Broyles basically threw Coach Nutt under the bus by letting these idiots go over the coach's head.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/175675/
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sasquatch wrote:I ran across this while looking at old posts on another board...I'd completely forgotten about this.

Completely inexcusable...Broyles basically threw Coach Nutt under the bus by letting these idiots go over the coach's head.

Coach Nutt told the parents of these kids one thing and then he did another -- I do know that the Springdale parents and people are special in their own right but what is fair is fair.

How do you all feel about Houston calling into a Little Rock radio station every week to talk to his old chums?

here is the link

enjoy!!!

http://www.kabzfm.com/1037thebuzz/index.htm
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

HawgAlude wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:I ran across this while looking at old posts on another board...I'd completely forgotten about this.

Coach Nutt told the parents of these kids one thing and then he did another -- I do know that the Springdale parents and people are special in their own right but what is fair is fair.

How do you all feel about Houston calling into a Little Rock radio station every week to talk to his old chums?

here is the link

enjoy!!!

I don't care what he told the parents. Bottom line, this ain't Pop Warner football. Parents should stay the hell out of the coach's business. These boys knew they were going to a school with McFadden and Jones. Nutt would've been an idiot to get away from that running game. Do you disagree? Those boys and parents can *beep* all they want. And they can also watch McFadden and Jones in the NFL in the future, cuz I don't think any of the 3 will end up there.
Some Random Dude
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

HawgAlude wrote:

here is the link

enjoy!!!

Okay I will answer this one...to quote Robert Jordan whenever he was asked a sensitive question about the "Wheel of Time" Series of books he wrote...RAFO! take heed.
Later,
Hagar
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:
HawgAlude wrote:

here is the link

enjoy!!!

I don't care what he told the parents. Bottom line, this ain't Pop Warner football. Parents should stay the hell out of the coach's business. These boys knew they were going to a school with McFadden and Jones. Nutt would've been an idiot to get away from that running game. Do you disagree? Those boys and parents can *beep* all they want. And they can also watch McFadden and Jones in the NFL in the future, cuz I don't think any of the 3 will end up there.
No one would argue with you in regards to McFadden and Jones getting the touches. It just was not balanced enough--If Florida would have had run DMC then they would have been the national champs last season. We became one dimensional and relied too heavily on the run and when we did pass it was as a last resort in due and die situations. I am not defending what the Springdale parents did. People from that whole Springdale area like I said before feel that they are special and deserve special treatment. Coach Nutt told them some things to get them to come to the UoA and then when he did not need them any longer they were thrown under the bus.

Houston has Oct 25th circled on his blackberry -- You probably will beat us this year but just do not get to comfortable with it. :)
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Always drama... always drama :roll:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Saying that Arkansas should have been more balanced relies on the assumption that there was any real talent in the passing game. There were no legitimate receivers (Monk was hurt and Crawford was too green), and no quarterback. Mustain was a media-hyped and fan-hyped quarterback. He is not terrible, but Seth Adams may have beat him out for the position had he come to Ole Miss.

Mustain was a product of the Gus Malzahn system at Springdale (look at what Gus did at Tulsa in one year). Mustain will never start at USC; Sanchez is pretty darn good and Matt Barklay looks like the best high school QB since Carson Palmer. Arkansas had to lean on Mcfadden, Jones, and Hillis. It is amazing they were still able to do so well.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

HawgAlude wrote:If Florida would have had run DMC then they would have been the national champs last season.
You mean a team with the two greatest skill players in college football would be national title winners, if not contenders?

No. No way, I doubt it, that's just preposterous! Don't come in here with your radical ruminations ever again! Next thing we know you'll be saying something even wackier like "teams who score more points than their opponents win football games" or "the sun rises every morning."

/being a jackass

Seriously, what a poor argument. That statement absolutely proves nothing.
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Mustain was 8-0 as a true freshman starter in the SEC. All the QBs that have played in the SEC -- How many of them have been 8-0 as a freshman?
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

HawgAlude wrote:Mustain was 8-0 as a true freshman starter in the SEC. All the QBs that have played in the SEC -- How many of them have been 8-0 as a freshman?

And?

Why does this matter?
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

P-nut wrote:
HawgAlude wrote:Mustain was 8-0 as a true freshman starter in the SEC. All the QBs that have played in the SEC -- How many of them have been 8-0 as a freshman?

And?

Why does this matter?
Here I will answer the question -- 0 QBs in teh SEC have been 8-0 as a freshman starter -- Mustain may not start for USC this year but he will start eventually and could make it to the NFL even as a backup QB at USC. Isn't USC called QBU?

We have no talent -- none after the Nutt and he tried to take all the talent with him- ruin our program on his way out. Ole Miss with Nutt should hammer us pretty hard this coming season -- if we do win then it will be just because Coach Petrino is a much better coach than Nutt. I will be at the game drunk and I probably won't care either way but I am sure we will all welcome the Nutt back home. :evil:
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

P-nut wrote:

And?

Why does this matter?
The question then is "what were the rushing stats in those 8 games"?

The worst thing a player can have is a big as* head. We had a 5 star QB lead us to 0-8 in the SEC last year...and yeah, with your two running backs in our back field ( and a play caller on the sidelines), Our QB might have gone 6-2, 7-1. There certainly would have been a lot less pressure.
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebelliousb wrote:
P-nut wrote:

And?

Why does this matter?

The worst thing a player can have is a big as* head. We had a 5 star QB lead us to 0-8 in the SEC last year...and yeah, with your two running backs in our back field ( and a play caller on the sidelines), Our QB might have gone 6-2, 7-1. There certainly would have been a lot less pressure.

The point was not about rushing and passing. It takes a balanced attack especially in the SEC. You have to be able to run and pass and do both well in order to win. We may not have had the best receivers last year but everyone in the stands, on the sidelines, and in the opposing teams booth knew what we were going to call before we did it. The play calling became too predictable and that is why we lost so many ballgames last year. The fans blamed Coach Nutt for the losses and the play calling. So right or wrong we decided to end his career at 10 years. He made a back door play to you all and now you have to deal with it. He will win a few games he shouldn't and lose a few that he should but in the end all you have is a cheerleading players coach who is more concerned with being a players buddy. I just do not think you all will give him 10 years unless he wins a National Championship for you all.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

HawgAlude wrote: ... He made a back door play to you all and now you have to deal with it.
What you folks are too proud to admit is:

1. Nutt resigned, he wasn't fired and he wasn't asked to leave. This comes from your AD and Nutt himself.

2. We don't 'have to deal with' anything, we got what we needed: An experienced and level headed coach that can do a good job of cleaning up the mess left by the Orgeron debaucle.

We got exactly what we wanted and needed, so we're not having to 'deal with' anything, we're happy with what we've got. It's you Arkansas fans that can't seem to drop it. Granted, this particular thread was created by an Ole Miss fan, but the vast majority of the discussion has been prompted and perpetuated by Arkansas fans. That seems to be very good proof that you guys have some sort of inferiority issue to work out. You can't let it go because you couldn't FORCE Nutt out and he instead left on his own. You couldn't ruin his career, he made at worst, a lateral move, and if you look at the facilties and the welcoming fan base that he walked in to, it could easily be considered an upgrade.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

HawgAlude wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
P-nut wrote:
And?

Why does this matter?

The point was not about rushing and passing. It takes a balanced attack especially in the SEC. You have to be able to run and pass and do both well in order to win. We may not have had the best receivers last year but everyone in the stands, on the sidelines, and in the opposing teams booth knew what we were going to call before we did it. The play calling became too predictable and that is why we lost so many ballgames last year. The fans blamed Coach Nutt for the losses and the play calling. So right or wrong we decided to end his career at 10 years. He made a back door play to you all and now you have to deal with it. He will win a few games he shouldn't and lose a few that he should but in the end all you have is a cheerleading players coach who is more concerned with being a players buddy. I just do not think you all will give him 10 years unless he wins a National Championship for you all.
I hear you, and I'll still take Nutt over what we had. We might not give him 10, but if we can get 5 or 6 before we get all antsy, I'll be whistlin' Dixie. For the last 25 years or so, how many coaches have we kept 5 years? I'm too lazy to look it up, but we generally either buy 'em out in 4 or they have a winning streak and pull a Petrino ( a la Wing nut). We couldn't beat the guy with Eli (we were out coached), and the Giants beat the unbeatable Pats with Eli