A reminder of what Coach Nutt had to deal with at Arky.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BeeDee wrote:
HawgAlude wrote: ... He made a back door play to you all and now you have to deal with it.
What you folks are too proud to admit is:

1. Nutt resigned, he wasn't fired and he wasn't asked to leave. This comes from your AD and Nutt himself.

2. We don't 'have to deal with' anything, we got what we needed: An experienced and level headed coach that can do a good job of cleaning up the mess left by the Orgeron debaucle.

We got exactly what we wanted and needed, so we're not having to 'deal with' anything, we're happy with what we've got. It's you Arkansas fans that can't seem to drop it. Granted, this particular thread was created by an Ole Miss fan, but the vast majority of the discussion has been prompted and perpetuated by Arkansas fans. That seems to be very good proof that you guys have some sort of inferiority issue to work out. You can't let it go because you couldn't FORCE Nutt out and he instead left on his own. You couldn't ruin his career, he made at worst, a lateral move, and if you look at the facilties and the welcoming fan base that he walked in to, it could easily be considered an upgrade.
Yeah... what he said!
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

BeeDee wrote:
HawgAlude wrote: ... He made a back door play to you all and now you have to deal with it.

1. Nutt resigned, he wasn't fired and he wasn't asked to leave. This comes from your AD and Nutt himself.
Sure was that the AD that was just removed from power himself? Broyles had 0 power in offering Nutt an extension. Broyles tenure as AD was over in December and Long had already stated that he was thinking of replacing Nutt. Nutt was out due to the fact of him *beep* off quite a few BIG time boosters from Arkansas. Combined with it the fact that they wanted all the people associated with the MM email gone and guess what they all are. Nutt is just trying to stick it to us by being at Ole Miss -- Hell his agent was shopping him around months before the actual firing was going to go down. Nutt beat us to the punch and found an escape and seized it and in turn made millions. Well good -- good for him. He is your alls problem now....
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

HawgAlude wrote:
BeeDee wrote:

Sure was that the AD that was just removed from power himself? Broyles had 0 power in offering Nutt an extension. Broyles tenure as AD was over in December and Long had already stated that he was thinking of replacing Nutt. Nutt was out due to the fact of him *beep* off quite a few BIG time boosters from Arkansas. Combined with it the fact that they wanted all the people associated with the MM email gone and guess what they all are. Nutt is just trying to stick it to us by being at Ole Miss -- Hell his agent was shopping him around months before the actual firing was going to go down. Nutt beat us to the punch and found an escape and seized it and in turn made millions. Well good -- good for him. He is your alls problem now....
I hope with every fiber of my being that by "your alls problem" (and by the way, did you take English 101 at Arky? Because everyone in MS knows it's "y'alls problem" :roll: ) you mean "your benefit and my loss". I would love nothing more than to rub it in the face of every hog hat-wearing, pig-calling, toothless goober sporting a razorbacks t-shirt. That, my friend, would make my friggin' year.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

"Nutt is just trying to stick it to us by being at Ole Miss "

They all sound a little skeered to me.
------------------

HawgAlude wrote:...and that is why we lost so many ballgames last year.

DUDE....YOU WENT 8-5 AND WENT TO THE FREAKING COTTON BOWL LAST YEAR. YOU HAVE NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

HawgAlude wrote:So right or wrong we decided to end his career at 10 years.

Wrong again...you did not end Coach Nutt's career. And that's EXACTLY what the Arky fans are so pi$$ed off about. What you wanted was for Coach Nutt to disappear from the face of the college football world, never to be seen or heard from again. If that happened, it would certainly validate your actions, wouldn't it

But that's not what happened.

Coach Nutt NOT disappear.

Instead, he landed squarely on his feet at Ole Miss with a fat new contract and a fanbase ready to embrace him as their new head coach. And he landed at a fellow SEC West school where every single year he would have the opportunity to prove you wrong.

And that, my friends, is why the Piggy faithful are so persistent.

It's called FEAR.
Hoof Harded
Water Boy
Water Boy

[quote="RebelConvert"][quote="BeeDee"][quote="HawgAlude"]
... He made a back door play to you all and now you have to deal with it.[/quote]

2. We don't 'have to deal with' anything, we got what we needed: An experienced and level headed coach that can do a good job of cleaning up the mess left by the Orgeron debaucle.

We got exactly what we wanted and needed, so we're not having to 'deal with' anything, we're happy with what we've got. It's you Arkansas fans that can't seem to drop it. Granted, this particular thread was created by an Ole Miss fan, but the vast majority of the discussion has been prompted and perpetuated by Arkansas fans. That seems to be very good proof that you guys have some sort of inferiority issue to work out. You can't let it go because you couldn't FORCE Nutt out and he instead left on his own. You couldn't ruin his career, he made at worst, a lateral move, and if you look at the facilties and the welcoming fan base that he walked in to, it could easily be considered an upgrade.[/quote]
Yeah... what he said![/quote]

Of course he "resigned". He was allowed to as a matter of finances. He got out of his contract to pursue another job and Arkansas saved some money.

The coach you wanted and got is experienced. However he has no experience in winning SEC Championships, National titles, going to BCS bowl games, or beating Florida.

If you wanted a mediocre team, you got it.

This is all after 10 years of effort.

Enjoy the bottom half od the SEC West.
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sasquatch wrote:
HawgAlude wrote:...and that is why we lost so many ballgames last year.

DUDE....YOU WENT 8-5 AND WENT TO THE FREAKING COTTON BOWL LAST YEAR. YOU HAVE NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

HawgAlude wrote:So right or wrong we decided to end his career at 10 years.

Wrong again...you did not end Coach Nutt's career. And that's EXACTLY what the Arky fans are so pi$$ed off about. What you wanted was for Coach Nutt to disappear from the face of the college football world, never to be seen or heard from again. If that happened, it would certainly validate your actions, wouldn't it

But that's not what happened.

Coach Nutt NOT disappear.

Instead, he landed squarely on his feet at Ole Miss with a fat new contract and a fanbase ready to embrace him as their new head coach. And he landed at a fellow SEC West school where every single year he would have the opportunity to prove you wrong.

And that, my friends, is why the Piggy faithful are so persistent.

It's called FEAR.
yeah we sooo fear the deadlast deadbeat dealers that live in the basement of the SEC west year in and year out. I would rather play you all in Oxford so at least I could party in the Grove this season than playing in Fayetteville. Oh we have a coach by the way -- landed an all NFL type genius play calling offensive guru. Well ---- you know what they said in an ole western movie once. Ain't we both content ---- :)
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Hoof Harded wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:
BeeDee wrote: What you folks are too proud to admit is:

We got exactly what we wanted and needed, so we're not having to 'deal with' anything, we're happy with what we've got. It's you Arkansas fans that can't seem to drop it. Granted, this particular thread was created by an Ole Miss fan, but the vast majority of the discussion has been prompted and perpetuated by Arkansas fans. That seems to be very good proof that you guys have some sort of inferiority issue to work out. You can't let it go because you couldn't FORCE Nutt out and he instead left on his own. You couldn't ruin his career, he made at worst, a lateral move, and if you look at the facilties and the welcoming fan base that he walked in to, it could easily be considered an upgrade.
Yeah... what he said!
Of course he "resigned". He was allowed to as a matter of finances. He got out of his contract to pursue another job and Arkansas saved some money.

The coach you wanted and got is experienced. However he has no experience in winning SEC Championships, National titles, going to BCS bowl games, or beating Florida.

If you wanted a mediocre team, you got it.

This is all after 10 years of effort.

Enjoy the bottom half od the SEC West.
Here is the thing, after beating the number one team in all the land in the person of LSU(and, oh yeah, reigning National Champion), Coach Nutt was offerd a two year extension (I believe). he turned it down to go where he was wanted, as much as I am sure that broke his heart. However, as I have stated before, Houston does not seem like an idiot to me and it seems to me (also no idiot) that your fan base is delusional to the Nth power.

You see, my friend, this garbage that you spew about Nutt having no expirience winning SEC Championships, National Titles, trips to BCS bowls, or beating Florida is a bit silly given that your current Head Coach has little of those notches on his belt either.

Yeah Petrino lit up the big, bad Big East, but that is a far cry from the SEC. I believe he had a golden chance to enter into the National Championship game a couple of years ago if he could only have defeated the juggernaut known as Rutgers University....how did that turn out?

Yup, turns out that game ended with a check in the "L" column for your beloved new head coach. (Just think if that were LSU, Auburn, Alabama, UGA, Florida...)

I can give you that Petrino has been able to go to a BCS bowl, but, again, it was as a member of a far inferior conference in terms of footballs elite conferences. They won too. Against who?

Yup that bad-to-the-bone school known as Wake Forrest, in a year when the ACC was a down and out kind of conference.

And buddy, this pains me to say, but alot of the greatest football minds in the game today cannot get a winning record against the Gators (Richt, Tuberville, Saban, Fulmer, Spurrier). They are unfortunately just that good.

Bottom line is Nutt took the football program at Arkansas far and above where it really should have been in the first place, and Petrino will do no different...Maybe worse. I am not a Father, but I might just be damned if I were to let my hypothetical child play for a guy like Petrino. A guy that flies into an interview in the middle of night, trying to potentially rob another man of his job (Auburn), or a quitter that leaves his team with three games left on the schedule (Atlanta) only to explain the move via form letter. Even if he were the Head Coach, what with all his "success", at Ole Miss, I would not let my kid play for him. In recruiting that is gonna smart for your beloved program.

I guess in summary, I do not speak for the "Rebel Faithful", but I am happy to have Coach Nutt and look forward to sticking it to Arkansas year after blessed year....mediocrity or not.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
HawgAlude
Water Boy
Water Boy

wow you BELIEVE Nutt was offered an extension to stay on as coach -- More lies by your new head coach. He threw his name out there early on to be courted by the likes of Baylor, SMU and then you all. Again the extension would have to gone through Jeff Long which was nto going to happen-- so believe what ever you want too.
cajunrebel

:smash: <----- = Arky fans beating a dead horse. Go away already. We'll see you on the field in October and until then you can go enjoy your "NFL type genius" and lay awake every night wondering if he will leave your team with 3 games left and show yet again that he has no spine. Only rehab is for quitters. . .
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

[quote="HawgAlude"
The play calling became too predictable and that is why we lost so many ballgames last year. The fans blamed Coach Nutt for the losses and the play calling.
quote]

If his playcalling is so predictable, what are you worried about? You and a couple of your buddies can go down on the sideline and help Coach P call the defenses. You know every play we're going to run. You should kill us.

/dripping with sarcasm
Hog_Corleone
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I am tired........
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Hog_Corleone wrote:I am tired........
I would be, too, buddy. I'm sure most of the Ark fanbase isn't as nutts (sorry, had to pun there) as these guys--I'd be willing to bet that you're more of an accurate representative. Of course, I have been wrong before...
------------------

HawgAlude wrote: yeah we sooo fear the deadlast deadbeat dealers that live in the basement of the SEC west year in and year out. I would rather play you all in Oxford so at least I could party in the Grove this season than playing in Fayetteville. Oh we have a coach by the way -- landed an all NFL type genius play calling offensive guru. Well ---- you know what they said in an ole western movie once. Ain't we both content ---- :)
You've completely missed my point. The fear I'm speaking of isn't a fear of Ole Miss. It's not even necessarily a fear of Houston Nutt.

It's a fear of being proven wrong...which is all about pride.

If Houston Nutt is successful at Ole Miss (and beating Arky regularly would just be the icing on the cake), it would be proof positive that you screwed up by firing him. and the collective ego of the Pig faithful takes a massive shot to the head.

And what would make it even worse is that it's in the same division of the same conference as Arkansas...right in your face. Which would explain the open hostility of the Arky fans to the Ole Miss hire of Nutt.

Which, in my opinion, is pretty pathetic.

And by the way...this is funny:

"Oh we have a coach by the way -- landed an all NFL type genius play calling offensive guru."

Are you aware that Atlanta was 23rd in total offense in the NFL under your "NFL type genius play calling offensive guru"?

Petrino was a miserable failure in the NFL...and you consider this to be a positive, something to thump your chest about?

:scratch:
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

"A source told ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel that Nutt turned down a two-year extension from Arkansas worth $2.4 million annually after the Razorbacks upset No. 1 ranked LSU last week." http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559

Just to put the was he or wasn't he offered argument to rest. I know it is "a source", but being published by ESPN makes it more credible than any message board hearsay.

Further, Arkansas fans need to realize that they ran HDN off. He did not want to leave, but was spit on and slapped around too much by his family (Arkansas residents and razorback fans). I really feel that he LOVED, LOVED his job there and probably still wishes he could end his career at the Univ. of Arkansas. I met HDN briefly in May and you could just tell he did not feel at home in Oxford yet.

Therefore, it is up to us to show HDN some love and if we treat him the way I know we can, he will hopefully change the shade of red in his blood to our beloved cardinal red of Ole Miss. I know we can do it. We just have to refrain from acting like Arkansas fans who apparently thought they understood college football better than Houston.