Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

That last link says the SEC cleared him.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ok, if University and/or SEC 'sources' are saying hes cleared, why not an official announcement? Call me a cynic, but this just makes me nervous. Someone - Pete, CH - needs to make an official statement. JP deserves better than this and so do we.

'.........., but we are willing to bet the loudest cheer that day will be reserved for Powe.' Mine will. Absolutely.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

The SEC will announce it after media day to avoid lots of questions I think. The SEC must announce it I was told and not the university.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:The SEC will announce it after media day to avoid lots of questions I think. The SEC must announce it I was told and not the university.
Makes sense. Thanks.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bleuwolfe wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:The SEC will announce it after media day to avoid lots of questions I think. The SEC must announce it I was told and not the university.
Makes sense. Thanks.
Truthfully, I think it needs to be done by both the university and an SEC official... simultaneously in a press conference that will clear it all up once and for all. I know they're waiting for "the right time" and all, but the rumors are circulating and folks are getting worked up. They should just go on and clear it up before it gets blown out of proportion...

...too late.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

RebelConvert wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:.
They should just go on and clear it up before it gets blown out of proportion...

...too late.
You got that right.
twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

ha this is ridiculous you would think after a couple years they would have this put together and announced long ago. if they are waiting on a final math grade then we wont know till after july 25th
optimism is more fun than dwelling on the past
mtnrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I've seen several people (including rivals) on the internet bite on the "waiting for grades" possibility. While this is still 99% mystery to the public, Powe's attorney Don Jackson has this week said "within a couple days", or "within a day or two".

This rules out the possibility of STILL waiting on grades/courses to be completed. I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, and am not in the know, but in all the Jerrell "news" frenzy this got past people. Just wanted to point it out.

Also, it was established earlier in the week by a quote from somebody in the SEC office that Ole Miss was going to break the news (not the SEC). This quote was from some established Rebel internet site, and not a random place with no credibility. So, since the SEC directly said Ole Miss would break the news--it seems that is one part of this crazy saga we can count on.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and I hope the Daily Journal is indeed true.
cajunrebel

Now even the Daily Mistake is reporting it.

http://media.www.thedmonline.com/media/ ... 2268.shtml
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

According to Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive has cleared Powe to play this fall.
I feel really bad for this Parrish Alford guy, because he probably just started a rumor that could possibly cost him in the long run.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

gmc42

Post #3958
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Jerrel Powe rumor Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm from Waynesboro and I personally read text messages from Jerell Powe saying that he was cleared and that was on Tuesday. I talked to him two weeks ago and he said that they told him he was going to be cleared. You can believe it or not believe it but I don't even like Ole Miss. I am from Waynesboro however and graduated a year ahead of Jerell and would love for him to have a chance to succeed. The most dominant HS player I have ever seen. Good luck to you guys and see ya in T-Town.
done

I saw Elvis in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. He said that he and Powe were sharing a fried banana sandwich at Graceland and that powe told him he was cleared....

I said Thank You Very Much...................... 8)
done

Rebchuck18 wrote:I saw Elvis in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. He said that he and Powe were sharing a fried banana sandwich at Graceland and that powe told him he was cleared....

I said Thank You Very Much...................... 8)

Several people have now reported that they do not believe this account because the "p" in Powe in the second part of the second sentence of the post was not capitalized 8)
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I am almost to the point where deny him, clear him, whatever... I'm going to be so sick of hearing about this story!! Just make a decision, make it final, make it known to the public, so we can all move on to something else. This is frustrating.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.