Who here are members of the OM QB Club?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

If you aren't, please join, it is $40/year for an individual or family.

That's less than $.11 a day.

http://www.omquarterbackclub.com
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

parrotreb wrote:If you aren't, please join, it is $40/year for an individual or family.

You sound like an ad for Feed the Children. Is Sally Struthers at it again?
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

RebelConvert wrote:
parrotreb wrote:If you aren't, please join, it is $40/year for an individual or family.

You sound like an ad for Feed the Children. Is Sally Struthers at it again?
No, some starving kids finally beat her up and took her picnic basket. They have become Ole Miss fans.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
southavenrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

1.) where are this weekly meeting held? In Oxford every week, or do they travel to various cities throughout MS?

2.) Members receive insight about the Ole Miss football team, does some1 with red & blue glasses write the articles / stories? ( like other pay sites )

Trying to get an idea which would be better to join 1st, QB club, or the local Rebel Club.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

southavenrebel wrote:

1.) where are this weekly meeting held? In Oxford every week, or do they travel to various cities throughout MS?

2.) Members receive insight about the Ole Miss football team, does some1 with red & blue glasses write the articles / stories? ( like other pay sites )

Trying to get an idea which would be better to join 1st, QB club, or the local Rebel Club.
I have just joined. Questions, I would refer to the website. But I can tell you, it's not a site for the probing, investigative journalism. It is a fundraising tool for the football team.

Edited to add: Personally, I joined the QB club as the money raised goes directly to Coach Nutt. I participate in local Rebel Club activities, but would rather send my money, at the present time, to the QB club. The local Rebel Clubs, as I understand them, are local chapters of the alumni association, of which I am a member. I haven't sen enough benefit to justify the local club.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

I am likely to pony up the money after my vacation tab hits my Visa statement, but I would like to suggest a reason that you would want to do this. Pete Boone continues to nickel and dime all of the athletic programs at Ole Miss. He has limited the number of visits that coaches can make, purchased the cheapest data plans for cellphones, scrimped on everything from videoboards to locker rooms. The money from the QB club will be unrestricted funds for the coaching staff.

I will pull the trigger on August 3rd... the day after my Visa bill is posted.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

USCrebel wrote:I am likely to pony up the money after my vacation tab hits my Visa statement, but I would like to suggest a reason that you would want to do this. Pete Boone continues to nickel and dime all of the athletic programs at Ole Miss. He has limited the number of visits that coaches can make, purchased the cheapest data plans for cellphones, scrimped on everything from videoboards to locker rooms. The money from the QB club will be unrestricted funds for the coaching staff.

The nickle and diming gets worse. The headsets that the coaches use on the sidelines and in the booth are held together by hope, prayer and duct tape. Their function I am told is sporadic. But can we get new ones, noooooooooo. Will OM pay for the GAs business cards, no. It's a wonder we haven't made the players start providing their own equipment, although someone may probably try that now.

If party line telephone lines still existed, I'm sure the OM coaches would be on one. One, not one for each.
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The QB Club is great. One of the coaches usually speaks at the weekly meetings during the season and they give out some nice door prizes. It's nice to be able to hear the coaches perspective, and then to ask them questions on the palyers, games, plays, etc. It was probably a tough spot for some of the coaches during the O years! :oops:

Anyway, the money goes to a good cause and the meetings are fun and offer the public a chance to hear and talk to the coaches. The door prizes are a nice bonus... tickets to away SEC games, etc. It's well worth the small cost associated with joining.
done

I'm in!

d***....I have got to wipe that phrase from my database :lol:

I will join as well.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:I'm in!

d***....I have got to wipe that phrase from my database :lol:

I will join as well.
If you can do that, you aren't as old as USC says you are.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

parrotreb wrote:
USCrebel wrote:I am likely to pony up the money after my vacation tab hits my Visa statement, but I would like to suggest a reason that you would want to do this. Pete Boone continues to nickel and dime all of the athletic programs at Ole Miss. He has limited the number of visits that coaches can make, purchased the cheapest data plans for cellphones, scrimped on everything from videoboards to locker rooms. The money from the QB club will be unrestricted funds for the coaching staff.

The nickle and diming gets worse. The headsets that the coaches use on the sidelines and in the booth are held together by hope, prayer and duct tape. Their function I am told is sporadic. But can we get new ones, noooooooooo. Will OM pay for the GAs business cards, no. It's a wonder we haven't made the players start providing their own equipment, although someone may probably try that now.

If party line telephone lines still existed, I'm sure the OM coaches would be on one. One, not one for each.
I heard they were trying to just tie a bunch of tin cans together on string this season - they claim its recycling but I think we all know the real reason...
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.