Powe on hold as Slive waits on school ... and vice versa, CL

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TBD and holding forever more............

"Let me put it this way," said Slive, speaking at the SEC Media Days at The Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover. "Ole Miss has been very diligent in dealing with that issue. When they deem it appropriate to have further discussions, we'll have further discussions.".................

....With little precedent to follow, it's hard to tell how the SEC will rule in this case.

Slive's comments offered little clue.

"The legislation is designed to deal with the NCAA change," Slive said. "The matter of Jerrell Powe is an entirely separate matter."

Slive would have no further comment. SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said that a decision on Powe "should be made by the time Ole Miss reports for practice."

Ole Miss freshmen are scheduled to report on Aug. 2 with upperclassmen reporting a day later. The first full day of practice is Aug. 4.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... 40364/1109
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

blah, blah, blah...Someone explain all the cloak and dagger BS on this case. Can he play or not??? Yes or no? Why are they draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagging this out?
mtnrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

To me, they are just continuing to keep us off track. The SEC had said that Ole Miss would make the announcement. If Slive gives anything that we can believe is positive---it would steal a lot of thunder from the announcement. I DO NOT endorse this AT ALL, but it seems consistent with their "gameplan of mysteriousness".

If this delay is for them to construct an alibi to mess over Jerrell without them appearing at fault again....WE AS REBEL FANS need to let them know that WE DON'T TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT HERE...we have a heart!!

I SERIOUSLY hope they need the "cloak of silence" to construct a water-tight defense for Jerrell in case the usual suspects try to keep him off the field after he's been cleared. I want to be proud of those in charge, but they need to clear Jerrell in order for me to be so.

VIVA JERRELL POWE!!!!!
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

He's in. Just give it a rest, seriously. The SEC has cleared him. Ole Miss is NOT going to make an announcement about it (maybe a small press release next week) because they want Powe's situation to be treated like any other situation. I'm pretty sure this has been covered on here before.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rrlynch wrote:He's in. Just give it a rest, seriously. The SEC has cleared him. Ole Miss is NOT going to make an announcement about it (maybe a small press release next week) because they want Powe's situation to be treated like any other situation. I'm pretty sure this has been covered on here before.
I hope you're right, but the way I read Slive's statement, the SEC has NOT cleared him. As far as an announcement goes, a simple Yes or No works for me.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

bleuwolfe wrote:
rrlynch wrote:He's in. Just give it a rest, seriously. The SEC has cleared him. Ole Miss is NOT going to make an announcement about it (maybe a small press release next week) because they want Powe's situation to be treated like any other situation. I'm pretty sure this has been covered on here before.
I hope you're right, but the way I read Slive's statement, the SEC has NOT cleared him. As far as an announcement goes, a simple Yes or No works for me.
The decision on Powe isn't made by the SEC per se... it is a one man decision alone... Slive's, he is the commissioner and it is his decision alone. Slive has already cleared him... Ole Miss is the one who is handling his announcement if at all... personally I don't see Ole Miss making any comment until the season begins and then only when someone sees him at practice and gets to talking. IF then.
Later,
Hagar