So just how good is this guy (Powe)?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

If I remember right, when Powe was initially cleared last year to practice with the team, he moved up quickly on the depth chart. Can we expect that from him this year? Can anyone give me some insight?

What a story! He's had to overcome so much. GO POWE
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:If I remember right, when Powe was initially cleared last year to practice with the team, he moved up quickly on the depth chart. Can we expect that from him this year? Can anyone give me some insight?

What a story! He's had to overcome so much. GO POWE
If he had played right after Hargrave...there would be new NCAA rules protecting the QB. If he can adjust to the game at this point...look out.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

ESPN is about to announce that it will air a live feed from Vaught-Hemingway Stadium when Jerrell Powe lifts the new HD Powe-tron into place... Pete Boone is quoted as saying "It's really a shame the new board won't be big enough to show anything other than Jerrell's head. If I had only known he's was gonna be cleared this year...."
mtnrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

LOL! That is great.
RebinGA
Water Boy
Water Boy

felicianareb wrote: ESPN is about to announce that it will air a live feed from Vaught-Hemingway Stadium when Jerrell Powe lifts the new HD Powe-tron into place... Pete Boone is quoted as saying "It's really a shame the new board won't be big enough to show anything other than Jerrell's head. If I had only known he's was gonna be cleared this year...."
I'm predicitng there will be a movie made about his college football career and it will be named

KUNG POWE JERRELL :!:
BART: I'll tell you a story so scary, you will wet your pants.
Grandpa: Too Late.
------------------

Jerrell Powe? Yes, I've heard. He kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the Bulldogs with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his *beep*. 8)
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

You should all look at this link on the daily journal.
http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp ... div=Sports

Notice the poll question about the impact Powe will make. After you vote you can make comments. After that you can view the other comments made by others. What morons! Obviously there are some state fans that have been following the story. :disgust:

I don't think they want to come to grips with the fact that the rebel D-line will be something feared by many teams this season.
Last edited by badmotorfinger on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I heard he eats babies.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

RebelConvert wrote:I heard he eats babies.
lol. "Get in my belly".
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Yall are all a bunch of dorks. On a serious note, I just watched his videos for the 10th time and he has that NFL type size/speed combo. Looks kinda like Shaun Rogers without being so d*** lazy. I think he and Laurent will fight for he job with Powe winning into the season. But when nxt year rolls around and Jerry is gone, them two and Scott will be domnant. Powe will be good this year, but next year he will be the man with both Hardy (hes gonna go pro npo matter what) and Jerry gone.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BigTrev34 wrote:Yall are all a bunch of dorks. On a serious note, I just watched his videos for the 10th time and he has that NFL type size/speed combo. Looks kinda like Shaun Rogers without being so d*** lazy. I think he and Laurent will fight for he job with Powe winning into the season. But when nxt year rolls around and Jerry is gone, them two and Scott will be domnant. Powe will be good this year, but next year he will be the man with both Hardy (hes gonna go pro npo matter what) and Jerry gone.
If I were a betting man I would almost be willing to bet Greg Hardy stays for his SR. yr.

Greg gets a bad rap from a lot of folks but the kid I know is a good un. I like him bunches. He has never been anything but polite and outgoing every time I have had the chance to speak to him and that is way more than a lot of even the reporters and Naysayers do.
Later,
Hagar
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Yall are all a bunch of dorks. On a serious note, I just watched his videos for the 10th time and he has that NFL type size/speed combo. Looks kinda like Shaun Rogers without being so d*** lazy. I think he and Laurent will fight for he job with Powe winning into the season. But when nxt year rolls around and Jerry is gone, them two and Scott will be domnant. Powe will be good this year, but next year he will be the man with both Hardy (hes gonna go pro npo matter what) and Jerry gone.
If I were a betting man I would almost be willing to bet Greg Hardy stays for his SR. yr.

Greg gets a bad rap from a lot of folks but the kid I know is a good un. I like him bunches. He has never been anything but polite and outgoing every time I have had the chance to speak to him and that is way more than a lot of even the reporters and Naysayers do.
just curious Hag....how do you get all of this inside stuff....what do you do ?.....it's pretty cool.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Hagar wrote:

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that Hardy AND Powe declare after this year. I say this only because of what a lineman in my Lit class this summer told me. He told me not to count on Greg, especially, staying and to probably count Powe as being gone as well. Take it for what it's worth.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Depending on what kind of shape he's in will help determine his immediate impact but I'd be willing to bet Tebow is going to get tired of running into Tokyo when Godzilla is strolling downtown.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Hagar wrote:

He does not do too bad in the class room either.