New baseball commit

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chuck is reporting that LHP Jordan Cooper of Farragut HS in Knoxville has committed to play baseball at Ole Miss. He picked the Rebs over Kentucky, Tennesse, Georgia and LSU.

Cooper was 7-1 with 1.5 ERA in leading Farragut to the state title last year.

He visited Ole Miss last weekend and committed today to the Rebels.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:Chuck is reporting that LHP Jordan Cooper of Farragut HS in Knoxville has committed to play baseball at Ole Miss. He picked the Rebs over Kentucky, Tennesse, Georgia and LSU.

Cooper was 7-1 with 1.5 ERA in leading Farragut to the state title last year.

He visited Ole Miss last weekend and committed today to the Rebels.
Sounds like a solid pick up. I haven't been following Baseball recruiting very closely, but from memory of what I've seen on this board and a couple others, it seems like we can expect a pretty solid group playing next year. With a couple more strong commits, a couple of returning starters, a sophomore or two stepping up and some Jucos to fill in the gaps, we should be strong enough to give the West a serious run huh? How's the search for a new hitting coach going?
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Next year will be interesting to say the absolute least.

BTW, hitting coach? I know the hitting was inconsistent this past season, but give Coach Rob more time. His previous clubs have AWAYS led (or been close to the top) the nation in hitting. He'll get the Rebs there too. I feel really confident in that.
GO REBELS!!!
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I am with Oxpatch. I am not a Reinstettle fan and was really hoping he would have gotten the USA job. I do not like his hitting philisophy of getting to the pitcher early nor did I care much for his results last season.

Last year his top two returning hitters' (Henry and Miller) averaged dropped 84 points and 88 points. Team also had a lower overall average and struck out nearly 100 more times. These stats may be a little off but for the most part are correct, feel free to double check them for me.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Jim,

Anything on the kid from the Dallas area that we may have picked up?
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:Jim,

I guess u are talking about Alex Yarbrough, from Dallas (Allen H.S.) The shortstop is rated the No. 154 overall prospect nationally by Perfect Game. He selected the Rebels over TCU, Marshall and Baylor. As a member of the Dallas Mustangs summer team, Yarbrough hit .455 and has a tremendous upside, being that he just turned 16 years old according to Yancy.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

He can field too, which is really all I care about giving last season's adventure at SS.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:He can field too, which is really all I care about giving last season's adventure at SS.
Amen brother. I'd do anything to hear the old tired "and that one handled nicely by insert name, coaches have nicknamed him the Vac" for a couple of our infielders.
L. S. WHO?
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebeljim wrote:
parrotreb wrote:Jim,

I guess u are talking about Alex Yarbrough, from Dallas (Allen H.S.) The shortstop is rated the No. 154 overall prospect nationally by Perfect Game. He selected the Rebels over TCU, Marshall and Baylor. As a member of the Dallas Mustangs summer team, Yarbrough hit .455 and has a tremendous upside, being that he just turned 16 years old according to Yancy.
Story from earlier this month on Yarborough.

http://www.allenamerican.com/articles/2 ... rts/23.txt
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

My kingdom for a consistent SS-2B duo. Heck, my kingdom for a consistent SS! Yall are right on with that!

Getting some great pickups here. Keep it going Coach!
GO REBELS!!!