RSC practice report

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

gripes now I'm back to asking do we have a qb? :?
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

bleuwolfe wrote:gripes now I'm back to asking do we have a qb? :?
Dude, it is the second day of practice.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:gripes now I'm back to asking do we have a qb? :?
The fella from RSC obviously did not go to the Spring Game. Snead has twice the mobility and can throw the deep ball and the long out with zip and accuracy. He can also throw on the run. Jevan is levels above Seth as a QB.

Reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOSNAawu2PA
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sorry for the panic attack....guess my nerves are not what they used to be.

8)
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:Sorry for the panic attack....guess my nerves are not what they used to be.

8)
They've got day 2 up and again said Snead was uninspiring. Could it be their expectations are too high? I don't know.

I do like the fact that Stanley is looking solid.
Some Random Dude
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Redbluedude wrote:The fella from RSC obviously did not go to the Spring Game.
Just because he's willing to say "Snead doesn't look so hot in fall practice thus far" does not mean he isn't a fan of Snead or aware of his potential. Go to practice yourself, you'll see. I've been and I will admit, Snead hasn't been phenomenal. Am I worried, not particularly.... it's practice.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rrlynch wrote:
Just because he's willing to say "Snead doesn't look so hot in fall practice thus far" does not mean he isn't a fan of Snead or aware of his potential. Go to practice yourself, you'll see. I've been and I will admit, Snead hasn't been phenomenal. Am I worried, not particularly.... it's practice.
These guys are definitely Snead fans from all that I've read. Just calling it as they see it.
Some Random Dude
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

The guy who runs the Solo Cup Blog wrote this on NAFOOM....
In answer to your question, Snead is better than Stanley and Tapp, but he's not playing like a top 7 QB in the SEC right now. Don't get me wrong. He's still better than: Whoever Vandy sends out, Whoever Kentucky sends out, Wesley Carroll, and Casey "That other QB from Arkansas", but that just puts him at 8th. That's not so great to me. I was expecting him to be the fifth or sixth best QB in the SEC this season.

But again. It's two days of practice. Nothing to really judge by.
His evaluations have been reasonably solid for 2 days of practice and I prefer the caution to the a$$ smoke that has been blown for the past three years... only to have a major letdown in the end.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
done

USCrebel wrote:The guy who runs the Solo Cup Blog wrote this on NAFOOM....
In answer to your question, Snead is better than Stanley and Tapp, but he's not playing like a top 7 QB in the SEC right now. Don't get me wrong. He's still better than: Whoever Vandy sends out, Whoever Kentucky sends out, Wesley Carroll, and Casey *beep*, but that just puts him at 8th. That's not so great to me. I was expecting him to be the fifth or sixth best QB in the SEC this season.

His evaluations have been reasonably solid for 2 days of practice and I prefer the caution to the a$$ smoke that has been blown for the past three years... only to have a major letdown in the end.
What he said.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

lewindha wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:Sorry for the panic attack....guess my nerves are not what they used to be.

8)
They've got day 2 up and again said Snead was uninspiring. Could it be their expectations are too high? I don't know.

I do like the fact that Stanley is looking solid.
Man, we talking about practice. Not the game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/youtube]
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

USCrebel wrote:The guy who runs the Solo Cup Blog wrote this on NAFOOM....
In answer to your question, Snead is better than Stanley and Tapp, but he's not playing like a top 7 QB in the SEC right now. Don't get me wrong. He's still better than: Whoever Vandy sends out, Whoever Kentucky sends out, Wesley Carroll, and Casey *beep*, but that just puts him at 8th. That's not so great to me. I was expecting him to be the fifth or sixth best QB in the SEC this season.

I would have to agree with you there USC.

Deadman
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I clicked on their spring practice tag just to see what they thought about Jevan and here was their quote from the REd/Blue game.

1. Jevan Snead looks (quick, knock on wood!) pretty d*** solid. 20-26 and two td's is nothing to scoff at, even against the 2nd team defense. Remember, Schaeffer/Lane/Spurlock/Adams were typically about 20-26 in completing passes to the ground or Craig Steltz.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Maybe my expectations are low, but all I am asking for is improvement from what we HAVE SEEN in the past few seasons. Not asking for Eli reincarnated, just improvement. I am willing to take small steps so long as they are small steps forward.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rrlynch wrote:
I did not say that he wasn't a fan of Snead, all I was saying is that it's only been 1 or 2 practices. His timing may be a little off, Nutt has said that Rocker and Nix are throwing them some curves to see how they handle it. Good. Give me a QB update at the end of next week after they've put the pads on. Right now it's about reads, progressions, decisions and timing. Accuracy will come.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Redbluedude wrote:
rrlynch wrote:
I did not say that he wasn't a fan of Snead, all I was saying is that it's only been 1 or 2 practices. His timing may be a little off, Nutt has said that Rocker and Nix are throwing them some curves to see how they handle it. Good. Give me a QB update at the end of next week after they've put the pads on. Right now it's about reads, progressions, decisions and timing. Accuracy will come.
If they did not include how Snead did in a practice report people would discredit them. He and Powe are the two players the fans want to hear the most about.

And if it is about reads and progressions Jevan has not shown that with interceptions. I am in the same boat, believing that it way too early to tell, but I think it is unfair to call someone out because they are reporting how a player is doing at a practice you did not attend.

It is a practice report by some bloggers, who may or may not have ever palyed football. Just enjoy it and take it for what it is worth...a blog and a breath of fresh air from Chuck and Co.