RSC practice report

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

USCrebel wrote:The guy who runs the Solo Cup Blog wrote this on NAFOOM....
In answer to your question, Snead is better than Stanley and Tapp, but he's not playing like a top 7 QB in the SEC right now. Don't get me wrong. He's still better than: Whoever Vandy sends out, Whoever Kentucky sends out, Wesley Carroll, and Casey *beep*, but that just puts him at 8th. That's not so great to me. I was expecting him to be the fifth or sixth best QB in the SEC this season.

But again. It's two days of practice. Nothing to really judge by.
His evaluations have been reasonably solid for 2 days of practice and I prefer the caution to the a$$ smoke that has been blown for the past three years... only to have a major letdown in the end.
I am planning on going to practice myself Friday and Saturday... I will give you my opinion of how it looks then...Besides you have always enjoyed my A$$ smoke in the past... is our honeymoon over now??? hehehe :wink:
Later,
Hagar
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
In answer to your question, Snead is better than Stanley and Tapp, but he's not playing like a top 7 QB in the SEC right now. Don't get me wrong. He's still better than: Whoever Vandy sends out, Whoever Kentucky sends out, Wesley Carroll, and Casey *beep*, but that just puts him at 8th. That's not so great to me. I was expecting him to be the fifth or sixth best QB in the SEC this season.

His evaluations have been reasonably solid for 2 days of practice and I prefer the caution to the a$$ smoke that has been blown for the past three years... only to have a major letdown in the end.
I am planning on going to practice myself Friday and Saturday... I will give you my opinion of how it looks then...Besides you have always enjoyed my A$$ smoke in the past... is our honeymoon over now??? hehehe :wink:
In Hagar we trust! But if you're driving, watch the kool-aide intake, those rednblue glasses can be dangerous :)
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote:

What Time is practice Saturday? Isn't there a scrimmage as part of the practice on Saturday. I might come if it is a decent time and watch that and bring my son so any update is appreciated.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeldevotee wrote:
Hagar wrote:
What Time is practice Saturday? Isn't there a scrimmage as part of the practice on Saturday. I might come if it is a decent time and watch that and bring my son so any update is appreciated.
5:30 PM I think.
Later,
Hagar
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote:
rebeldevotee wrote:
Hagar wrote: I am planning on going to practice myself Friday and Saturday... I will give you my opinion of how it looks then...Besides you have always enjoyed my A$$ smoke in the past... is our honeymoon over now??? hehehe :wink:
5:30 PM I think.
What about the scrimmage? not driving down just for the practice but if they scrimmage that I want to see.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Redbluedude wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:gripes now I'm back to asking do we have a qb? :?
The fella from RSC obviously did not go to the Spring Game. Snead has twice the mobility and can throw the deep ball and the long out with zip and accuracy. He can also throw on the run. Jevan is levels above Seth as a QB.

Reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOSNAawu2PA
brain-far t

This is the report I was referring to. I had read it the day before and thought it was the RSC fella. Early morning, memory not what it used to be. I don't expect anyone to be hitting on all cylinders right now, but I still call bs if he thinks that there would be a dogfight between Sneed (as he spells it) and Adams.

tittybingo Modest Monday Practice Report Lead [-]

Aug 5, 2008 1:54 AM
Tags : None
I'm just going to be honest...Trahan has a long way to go if he thinks he's going to take Allen Walker's position...AW looks faster, stronger, and he's been here longer so PT better show something these next couple of days for me to complete my evaluation...

%$+# weighed in at 334 before practice began, according to one of the trainers, so that's good to know he's not 385 like some thought...He looks like it's only a matter of time before he gets his step back, but I'll agree with Rocker and say "baby steps" with %$+#...

In all honesty, if Seth Adams was back this fall, Jevan Sneed would have a dog fight for the starting QB position...I keep hearing that Jevan's our guy, but he better figure out how to play this game again cause he didn't bring his A game today...I'm going to wait til this week is over before I give a full analysis on Sneed...

Eason, Bolden, and "Q" look like SEC quality RBs to me, and I firmly believe that our season will rely on how well our OL blocks for this guys...Eason should be our starting RB, but don't be surprised to see BB or Q early against Memphis and share reps...I think these RBs will share reps like D Mac and Felix Jones did...by the time the WF game begans, I firmly believe we'll see the "Wild Rebel" with McCluster and Q a lot...(I hate to think about this, but MAN if Mico McSwain was still here he would running the "Wild Rebel" over McCluster and would be a close but watered down version of D Mac) Anyways, I like this group and believe these guys can help us win those 4th quarters we so desparately need in order to win the close games this fall...

One thing that will determine our season will be our team mentality...I firmly believe that if Greg Hardy, Dexter McCluster, Marshay Green, Shay Hodge, Ashley Palmer, and Michael Oher become leaders on and off the field this fall then we have a legit chance on winning more games than most think (I would name others on the team, but these veterans stand out to me as our main difference makers on this years team)...If we stay healthy and catch those breaks, like LSU did last fall, then I'll be modest and say the Auburn game will determine the West...but that's an "IF" so don't read into my statement all too much...

I cannot wait until this season kicks off...more to come tomorrow and I go Rebels!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I'm not worried abut Snead, and maybe I'm an RSC disciple, but I've never seen such big Ole Miss fans (students, no less) keep the faith while speaking the truth.
HOOTEREB
Water Boy
Water Boy

Look..Chill out.. Your second day in pre school probably did not go well either.. Go Rebels :lol:
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

HOOTEREB wrote:Look..Chill out.. Your second day in pre school probably did not go well either.. Go Rebels :lol:
I had 3 girlfriends and had the most awesome finger painting in the class by the 2nd day.
Some Random Dude
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
HOOTEREB wrote:Look..Chill out.. Your second day in pre school probably did not go well either.. Go Rebels :lol:
I had 3 girlfriends and had the most awesome finger painting in the class by the 2nd day.
And only wet your pants once :wink:
Rule #1.......Don't panik
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:
lewindha wrote:
That happened the 3rd day, when my new empire came crashing down around me. I salvaged half of the finger painting. But it wasn't awesome any more b/c the naked boobies half was ruined in the rubble.
Some Random Dude
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:
lewindha wrote: I had 3 girlfriends and had the most awesome finger painting in the class by the 2nd day.
That happened the 3rd day, when my new empire came crashing down around me. I salvaged half of the finger painting. But it wasn't awesome any more b/c the naked boobies half was ruined in the rubble.
And just snot bubbles from then on out.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

badmotorfinger wrote:
lewindha wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote: And only wet your pants once :wink:
And just snot bubbles from then on out.
I am now getting back in my chair from laughing so hard. I love it!.
Later,
Hagar
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

"I wet my bed until I was nineteen years old. Aint no shame in that"
- Cal Naughton Jr
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Saturday scrimmage will be at Noon
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'