Look at this nut's ratings of teams

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Here is a link: http://www.mikedesimone.com/top25.htm

He has Ole Miss #107 and Memphis at #86. I am shocked at all the low rated teams he has ahead of us. How does he figure this??????? Louisiana Lafayette is at #103, Arkansas State at #101, Tulane #95, Buffalo #90, Louisiana Tech #83, Vandy #82, Louisiana Monroe (they are on our schedule ) #78 (hope he is wrong about that one---that was one of our two sure wins according to me), Middle Tennessee State #76, Southern Miss #72, Indiana #69, cow college #60, AR #32----is this guy serious??????
Hoof Harded
Water Boy
Water Boy

RichmondVAReb wrote:Here is a link: http://www.mikedesimone.com/top25.htm

He has Ole Miss #107 and Memphis at #86. I am shocked at all the low rated teams he has ahead of us. How does he figure this??????? Louisiana Lafayette is at #103, Arkansas State at #101, Tulane #95, Buffalo #90, Louisiana Tech #83, Vandy #82, Louisiana Monroe (they are on our schedule ) #78 (hope he is wrong about that one---that was one of our two sure wins according to me), Middle Tennessee State #76, Southern Miss #72, Indiana #69, cow college #60, AR #32----is this guy serious??????
OM was 0 for 2007 in the SEC. Where do you rank them?
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Hard to figure that one. No Snead, no Nutt and staff, I might find it allow more believable.

That being said, where would you rank us? I don't think that we can be inside the top 50 at this point, and probably not the top 60. Too many unanswered questions at key positions.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

parrotreb wrote:Hard to figure that one. No Snead, no Nutt and staff, I might find it allow more believable.

That being said, where would you rank us? I don't think that we can be inside the top 50 at this point, and probably not the top 60. Too many unanswered questions at key positions.
Granted. However, we're by no means in the 100s, 90s, and maybe not the 80s. This is, to me, the opposite end of the spectrum in smoke-blowing. We're not that good (yet), and we're certainly not this bad. I'd put us in the mid- to low-60s, just a notch or so ahead of Ark and a few notches back of SC. This would also put us ahead of KY and Vandy.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

bigtrey hit it on the spot for me.
taitfly
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sports Illustrated has us at #60
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

taitfly wrote:Sports Illustrated has us at #60
yeah I got that issue too. They have us ahead of Vandy, Arkansas, and KY in the SEC. They have us down as winning 2 sec games this year and finishing 5-7 overall. MSU is 30....wow. They probably only see, like the rest of these media outlets, that HN and Snead will be the only areas of improvement to this year's team.

All of this is crap and will be forgotten at the end of the season when we're preparing to play in a bowl game.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

i'll say dead last so we can only improve and i will be happy :lol:
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

While it stings to see us rated so low, it's easy to understand why, at least in my mind. Our best season in the last 4 years was 4 wins, and that was four years ago. Why would anyone bet on that changing until you see some evidence of it? At the end of last year, we had zero/zip SEC wins and we were the doormat of the SEC. It does pain me to have to admit that, but unfortunately, it is true.

Let's hope this bad dream is about to come to an end, which I think it will. Nutt is a good coach, and after what I saw at practice yesterday, I don't have any reason to believe we won't be competetive again. It's just a matter of waiting now. It's going to happen for us again. We may or may not break out this season, but we will be MUCH improved.
NorCalHog
Water Boy
Water Boy

I don't think any SEC team should be ranked as low as some are, including Ole Miss. Regardless of how I feel about Coach Nutt, this guys list is ridiculous.
nlreb54
Water Boy
Water Boy

How can any SEC team regardless of how bad be rated below La. Monroe? This guy has serious issues. Who cares what he "calculates"? Geez.............