Surgery for Peria Jerry

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

FOOTBALL:
August 18, 2008 by djrebel
Defensive tackle Peria Jerry had arthroscopic knee surgery today to correct a new injury to the medial meniscus knee ligament. This is not the same injury he sustained earlier in training camp. The injury just happened Sunday. There is no timetable for his return.

By way of comparison you can look at Ted Laurent. Laurent had surgery July 28. He was in full gear for the scrimmage Saturday, though he did not participate. I assume by him dressing out it means he’s close.

Jerry’s got this week and next week — two weeks, then Memphis on Aug. 30. Could he possibly be ready for Wake Forest in Week 2? It would be great for Ole Miss to have him against a ranked opponent on the road.

Hopefully he’ll get off to a good start in rehab. The first couple of days are critical, I hear

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/

Knees are sooo fragile. Good luck w/rehab Peria!

:(
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

I doubt it. We probably don't need him for the Memphis game. Taking a gimpy guy to an away game against a ranked opponent means that if he injures it, you are 1000 miles away from your home hospital with a long trip back on a cramped plane. We're highly favored in the first game and underdogs in the second, I would rather save him for Vandy which is closer to being a toss up.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

USCrebel wrote:I doubt it. We probably don't need him for the Memphis game. Taking a gimpy guy to an away game against a ranked opponent means that if he injures it, you are 1000 miles away from your home hospital with a long trip back on a cramped plane. We're highly favored in the first game and underdogs in the second, I would rather save him for Vandy which is closer to being a toss up.
Agreed. We're gonna need him down the stretch. I'd rather use him when he's going to make a big difference.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Wait for SEC play. NO. i want him at WF. Hardys gone so we need to get desparate on the dline.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

he will be out 2-3 weeks, but im not sure of that. Saw it on rivals
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:Wait for SEC play. NO. i want him at WF. Hardys gone so we need to get desparate on the dline.
Slow down Trev. Think about this. As much as I would like revenge at Wake, that would be a long shot with a well-conditioned Jerry. We always struggle with Vandy and I would REALLY like to win a couple of conference games.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Just came in. It doesnt matter what I think now

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3541647
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:Just came in. It doesnt matter what I think now

I'm wondering what sort of stock can be put into this? The article states that Hardy would be sidelined for two months...
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As good as Jerry is, he's been hurt every d*** year and I'm tired of it. Put some else in who can stay healthy and go from there.

I know the injury bug bites everyone, but this is ridiculous. Oher is wearing a full length brace on one of his arms.

And *beep* this "we don't need 'em for Memphis or Wake". I wanna beat the snot out of Memphis and I know Wake will be heavily favored, but I thought we at least had a chance before two of our top defensive players got hurt.
Some Random Dude
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I would like Ole Miss to pound WF too, but it would be foolish to play these guys before they're ready. Show some faith in the depth of the D-line before you panick. J. Smith and Lawon Scott have been solid at the position since the injuries and Marcus Tillman will make an effective DT. If Powe can step up a little bit, we could still be effective 2-deep at the position. The experience these guys and the young talented DEs get, will be valuable down the stretch.
Last edited by badmotorfinger on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Justin Smith apparently has been a nice surprise and may end up being a suitable replacement and will certainly give us depth on the Dee as we hit the meat of the conference schedule.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Rule #1.......Don't panik
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Everyone hurt. Great. A seven win best case scenario just went to five. Anyone else going to blow up in the next couple of days? Who's left on DL? Any play makers?

This is garbage and you know they don't have the two-a-day schedule from hell either.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

A10Rebel wrote:Everyone hurt. Great. A seven win best case scenario just went to five. Anyone else going to blow up in the next couple of days? Who's left on DL? Any play makers?

This is garbage and you know they don't have the two-a-day schedule from hell either.
injuries happen, it's the nature of the game of football.

I personally can't see where this "the sky is falling" attitude comes from. The losses of Jerry and Hardy sting to be sure, but really a team does not two kids make. I want to pound Tiger High into submission as much as the next guy, and I don't believe that we need those two guys to do so. By the time we roll into Winston-Salem Laurent will be ready to go and along with Tillman and Powe the line should be serviceable enough.

Besides, as a team goes, it would seem to me that the O is the over-all strength, so , if the D gives up 35 it'll be all good as long as the O scores 36 :)
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

OMNOB wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Just came in. It doesnt matter what I think now

I'm wondering what sort of stock can be put into this? The article states that Hardy would be sidelined for two months...
Hardy is 6-8 weeks. That is about 2 months.