Can Ole Miss's Offense Become Explosive in 2008?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4659 ... ve-in-2008

Ole Miss' offense has one key component that it hasn't had since 2003: a stable QB. I believe, along with many other people, that Jevan Snead can at least relieve the problems Ole Miss has had the past four years, which have seemed like a post-Eli QB curse. Talk about hitting the nail on its flat little head!

People have complained about Houston Nutt and his control over offensive coordinators. However, even though he's still running the plays, he's hired offensive guru and former Ole Miss QB Kent Austin as his offensive coordinator to heavily assist him. It's showing in practice. Hope this is really the case.

As for Ole Miss' wide receivers, the entire core returns to play multiple roles. The Rebels also add four-star Andrew Harris to the mix. Harris doesn't look like a typical freshman at 6'4", 195 pounds, and he appears to be a solid player who will get plenty of playing time. which is why I hope Austin is whispering in Nutt's ear.

So here's the question: Why not Ole Miss? Why can't they be explosive? Their administration has woken up and hired a staff, and to put it into context, "filled in the puzzle pieces."

Maybe they won't be "explosive" at times, and they will probably struggle a little with young talent, but before it's all said and done, Ole Miss should at least be able to look on the scoreboard and see 30 points on their side for the first time since 2004.

Now I know all of these points can be destroyed with several dozen 'buts, ifs, injuries, etc', but doesn't it feel good to have a few rays of hope going into the 08 season? Anyway it does to me, so I'm going to believe it until KO 8/30, when I hope Jevan and crew will call down lightening from the skies, or at least a few TD strikes to inspire hope for the next game.
GO REBELS! Beat the ###*&# outta memphis!
:x
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

good read. I dont care about explosive, I wanna be efficient. i dont wanna be like Kansas giving up 30 a game. thats embarrasing
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

I had watched a replay of Arkansas playing...can't remember now but it may have been LSU....from a couple of years back. Wanted to watch to see what type of plays were called by Nutt....and he did call pass plays fairly frequently. I was surprised and pleased. It's wasn't run after run after run...
RebinGA
Water Boy
Water Boy

QUOTE; doesn't it feel good to have a few rays of hope going into the 08 season?

You are doggone right it does. After the Memphis sweaker last lear, I did not really follow the team because I knew then it was more of the same past two seasons, and I couldn't deal with that type of pain again week after week.

Thinking of ths season, I feel as if I've gotten a shot from Dr. Feelgood.
A trip to a bowl game - thats all I ask!
BART: I'll tell you a story so scary, you will wet your pants.
Grandpa: Too Late.
done

I thought our offense was pretty explosive the last three years....it was constantly blowing up in our face 8)
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:I thought our offense was pretty explosive the last three years....it was constantly blowing up in our face 8)
[/rimshot] Give him a hand, folks--he'll be here all week! Try the veal!
done

bigtreydaddy wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I thought our offense was pretty explosive the last three years....it was constantly blowing up in our face 8)
[/rimshot] Give him a hand, folks--he'll be here all week! Try the veal!
Thank you very much....don't forget to tip your waitstaff.... 8)