2nd string RB is???????????

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Bolden & E Davis are both 2nd string with Eason as the starter. This really tells you how good Bolden is. Nutt said he will decide.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Bolden is a rock. He was bouncing off guys and running over guys in the scrimmage last week. The Q is fast, he's definitely got some wheels. We're in good shape at RB.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Read somewhere - OMSN?- that CN was planning to run all 5 RBs in game - has plays/packages for each. Should be interesting an very exciting!

:x
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

bleuwolfe wrote:Read somewhere - OMSN?- that CN was planning to run all 5 RBs in game - has plays/packages for each. Should be interesting an very exciting!

I think he means, Cordera, Bolden, E. Davis, D. Davis, and McCluster. I think the plan is still to redshirt D. Thomas.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

USCrebel wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:Read somewhere - OMSN?- that CN was planning to run all 5 RBs in game - has plays/packages for each. Should be interesting an very exciting!

I think he means, Cordera, Bolden, E. Davis, D. Davis, and McCluster. I think the plan is still to redshirt D. Thomas.
No. Devin Thomas is tied at 4th string with D Davis. But I know McCluster will get some touches at RB prolly
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I hope Devin Thomas is redshirted. I really believe he will be a force, but I fear he could get lost in the shuffle. However, if Nutt continues to recruit quality backs, ala Gabe Hunter and the, at least, one other stud back we will be signing this year, then Thomas could just get lost in the shuffle down the road. I will trust the Coaching staff's decision, unlike Arky fans.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

RebelFIL wrote:I hope Devin Thomas is redshirted. I really believe he will be a force, but I fear he could get lost in the shuffle. However, if Nutt continues to recruit quality backs, ala Gabe Hunter and the, at least, one other stud back we will be signing this year, then Thomas could just get lost in the shuffle down the road. I will trust the Coaching staff's decision, unlike Arky fans.
And all the Rebel faithful fans said "Amen"
Later,
Hagar
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

BigTrev34 wrote:
USCrebel wrote:

No. Devin Thomas is tied at 4th string with D Davis. But I know McCluster will get some touches at RB prolly
just b/c he is listed on the depth chart (at 4th string) doesn't mean the plan is not to red-shirt him. If they can save the RS, they will.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1568287

Q. What is the pecking order at running back?

A. Well, just like it says. Cordera Eason will be in there first. I think if you’ve done research on me before, we’ve done this quite a bit and it’s not just for show. You just never know and it is hard to separate. What we do know is that Cordera is going to go in first, Brandon Bolden or Enrique Davis will be next depending on the situation. I still have a lot of confidence in Derrick Davis and Devin Thomas. The only thing I know is from what I have seen in three weeks. All of them have strengths and so we are going to play to those strengths. We’ve just got to see how the flow of the game goes, and they all know that they’ve got to be ready. There are some sets where we will have three backs in the backfield. That’s why we have all of these guys listed. If they weren’t on this piece of paper, we’re not thinking about them as far as the gameplan. When you see their names – Derrick Davis, Devin Thomas, Enrique, Brandon, Cordera – there is a reason and that is we plan on them playing. It could be kickoff return, it could be one set, but we have a plan for these guys to play, you just don’t know when. I just can’t tell you this afternoon who is going to be in the game on Saturday at 6:05 p.m. We just know who is going to start the game.