Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:UF 63

OM 69

Quadruple OT
In that case I'll be dead b4 the game ends, so celebrate for me too! :lol:
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

well, we dont have one thing in our favor, I doubt they will be looking past us to Arkansas.

I wont hazard a guess, Im always wrong.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
done

Of course my prediction is mostly wishful thinking, BUT I do firmly believe that we have more offensive firepower than Hawaii, Miami or Tennessee (Florida's previous opponents). If that firepower doesn't blowup in our face due to turnovers, and Jevan throws like he did against Wake....who knows...and Florida's offense only produced 200+ yards in the TN game, so maybe they can be slowed enough to give us a chance.

Stranger things have happened.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:Of course my prediction is mostly wishful thinking, BUT I do firmly believe that we have more offensive firepower than Hawaii, Miami or Tennessee (Florida's previous opponents). If that firepower doesn't blowup in our face due to turnovers, and Jevan throws like he did against Wake....who knows...and Florida's offense only produced 200+ yards in the TN game, so maybe they can be slowed enough to give us a chance.

As has been shown in other places part of the reason that FL only produced such numbers on offense is because they have had unbelievably good field position on average and do not have to gain many yards to score. I think they lead the SEC in scoring but are toward the bottom in yards on offense because of this very thing.
done

rebeloke wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Of course my prediction is mostly wishful thinking, BUT I do firmly believe that we have more offensive firepower than Hawaii, Miami or Tennessee (Florida's previous opponents). If that firepower doesn't blowup in our face due to turnovers, and Jevan throws like he did against Wake....who knows...and Florida's offense only produced 200+ yards in the TN game, so maybe they can be slowed enough to give us a chance.

As has been shown in other places part of the reason that FL only produced such numbers on offense is because they have had unbelievably good field position on average and do not have to gain many yards to score. I think they lead the SEC in scoring but are toward the bottom in yards on offense because of this very thing.

Agreed, but my point is that their offense only scored two TD's against TN Special teams scored one and then 3 field goals. We saw what UCLA did to TN and then what BYU did to UCLA, so we know that TN's defense is not exactly the steel curtain. And Florida scored 26 against Miami (which is only 3 more than Texas A&M scored against Miami. So SO FAR this year Florida's offense has not been as explosive as in the past.

Granted that could all change this weekend. I am just saying we have more offensive talent than anyone they have opposed yet and that maybe we can slow down their run game enough to hang around for awhile...and then...who knows...
AlphaReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Reality is:

UM 14

UF 49

Nutt runs out of fingernails to chew on! :lol:
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebeloke wrote:

Agreed, but my point is that their offense only scored two TD's against TN Special teams scored one and then 3 field goals. We saw what UCLA did to TN and then what BYU did to UCLA, so we know that TN's defense is not exactly the steel curtain. And Florida scored 26 against Miami (which is only 3 more than Texas A&M scored against Miami. So SO FAR this year Florida's offense has not been as explosive as in the past.

Granted that could all change this weekend. I am just saying we have more offensive talent than anyone they have opposed yet and that maybe we can slow down their run game enough to hang around for awhile...and then...who knows...
I am liking what you are saying... I hope you are right!
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

AlphaReb wrote:Reality is:

UM 14

UF 49

Nutt runs out of fingernails to chew on! :lol:
Jevan is Neo, Nutt is Morpheus, Powe is the Nebuchadnezzar and everything you know will change if you just swallow the red pill...
WildRebel69
Water Boy
Water Boy

Florida 42
Ole Miss 14

Houston Nutt "We were so close. so close. Just a few missed tackles there, a block there, gotta quit beating oursevles, these guys came to win were so close. gotta quit beating ourselves."
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Coontown 20
Hogtown 38
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm gonna venture a guess that AlphaReb and WildRebel69 are not Rebels. It's obvious b/c of the not-so-subtle digs at Nutt.

Get a life.
Some Random Dude
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

BigTrev34 wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:OM - 5
UF - 3

Auburn/State all over again, fumbles, INTs, Tebow out in the 2nd qtr, Jevan throws 5 passes total, Dexter crying in a ball under the bench after two muffed punts, our defense goes all superman for us, and UF fans in the stands choking each other over the loss. It's gonna be beautiful.
How in the hell are you gonna hate on McCluster. Everyone else on the team you can rip on. But d***, that guy wouldve ripped that ball from just about anybody. McCluster has done it all this year. You can rip the real things. Snead is not making good decisions, Mike Wallace hasnt made the big plays on O, The Cbs havent stopped anyone. The LBs are not very good. You go after our do it all man McCluster. My score prediction is 38- 30 UF.

Easy there big fella. I was not making a comment on Dexters PAST performances. I believe that you're right, that he has done VERY well in a very tough situation. His glaring mistakes (int and a fumble that was the result of second effort to score for his team) are nothing that will affect us long term. He's a tough, strong kid, and I'm sure he'll do great things for us this year. I was simply predicting an "Armageddon" type of game. You know, one where nothing we expect to happen does, and every thing we expect NOT to happen does.
L. S. WHO?
done

parrotreb wrote:Coontown 20
Hogtown 38
Huh?????

Translate for us slower thinkers 8)
done

oxpatchreb wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:OM - 5
UF - 3

Auburn/State all over again, fumbles, INTs, Tebow out in the 2nd qtr, Jevan throws 5 passes total, Dexter crying in a ball under the bench after two muffed punts, our defense goes all superman for us, and UF fans in the stands choking each other over the loss. It's gonna be beautiful.
How in the hell are you gonna hate on McCluster. Everyone else on the team you can rip on. But d***, that guy wouldve ripped that ball from just about anybody. McCluster has done it all this year. You can rip the real things. Snead is not making good decisions, Mike Wallace hasnt made the big plays on O, The Cbs havent stopped anyone. The LBs are not very good. You go after our do it all man McCluster. My score prediction is 38- 30 UF.

Easy there big fella. I was not making a comment on Dexters PAST performances. I believe that you're right, that he has done VERY well in a very tough situation. His glaring mistakes (int and a fumble that was the result of second effort to score for his team) are nothing that will affect us long term. He's a tough, strong kid, and I'm sure he'll do great things for us this year. I was simply predicting an "Armageddon" type of game. You know, one where nothing we expect to happen does, and every thing we expect NOT to happen does.
The young guy gets a little excited sometimes......BigTrev I mean, not Dexter..I am sure that this has been brought up before....my memory is not the best...but it is kind of funny that the Wild Hog was run by a D-Mac and the Wild Rebel is run by a D-Mac....anyway sure that has been brought up before...if so sorry for the stale-ness.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote: How in the hell are you gonna hate on McCluster. Everyone else on the team you can rip on. But d***, that guy wouldve ripped that ball from just about anybody. McCluster has done it all this year. You can rip the real things. Snead is not making good decisions, Mike Wallace hasnt made the big plays on O, The Cbs havent stopped anyone. The LBs are not very good. You go after our do it all man McCluster. My score prediction is 38- 30 UF.

The young guy gets a little excited sometimes......BigTrev I mean, not Dexter..I am sure that this has been brought up before....my memory is not the best...but it is kind of funny that the Wild Hog was run by a D-Mac and the Wild Rebel is run by a D-Mac....anyway sure that has been brought up before...if so sorry for the stale-ness.

Yaeh. Hes Run DMC 2