Wild Rebel gets more love

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I HATE the Wild Rebel. I hate it. Really. Too many times we've done it... let's put it to rest and find something else already. :roll:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
done

RebelConvert wrote:I HATE the Wild Rebel. I hate it. Really. Too many times we've done it... let's put it to rest and find something else already. :roll:
I have to disagree with you on that. Some of our biggest gains of the year have come out of that formation and it is imperative to get the ball in Dexter's hands. We just need to keep it in his hands until he is down...
vhrebel35
Water Boy
Water Boy

yeah we've had some turnovers out of it, with the ones against Vandy and at Wake really hurting, but we've had alot of turnovers elsewhere
done

vhrebel35 wrote:yeah we've had some turnovers out of it, with the ones against Vandy and at Wake really hurting, but we've had alot of turnovers elsewhere
More of our turnovers have come from the conventional passing game...and we would not have been in position for those turnovers to cost us so much were it not for the WildRebel.....

I think it can be used too much at times, but it gives us great value and really gets Dexter involved...
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:
vhrebel35 wrote:yeah we've had some turnovers out of it, with the ones against Vandy and at Wake really hurting, but we've had alot of turnovers elsewhere
More of our turnovers have come from the conventional passing game...and we would not have been in position for those turnovers to cost us so much were it not for the WildRebel.....

I think it can be used too much at times, but it gives us great value and really gets Dexter involved...
That's the problem. It works when its unpredictable. It works when its a surprise attack to a defense. If it's every other play, we aren't using the element of surprise at all... we're just swapping players around. Not to mention that it seems, although I have no actual proof, that it results in a turnover about a third of the time.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:

I agree, Dexter needs as many touches as possible in space.. He accounted for almost half of our total offense last week.. The best way to get him the ball is out of the wildrebel... I watched the replay of the vandy game last night and the reverse out of the wild rebel would have been a touchdown if Dexter could have handled the pitch cleanly.. I like running it when Bolden takes the snap and dexter is in motion because it is far easier to get the edge when there is a streak of lightning already running full blast to the football.. If Bolden keeps the ball and takes it up the middle its usually successful because the outside linebacker and end have to maitain responsibility for dexter coming off the edge.. After they run it a few times up the middle the defense tends to get lulled into biting on the draw and doesnt respect the man in motion which leads to huge chunks of yardage when executed correctly... I personally like the formation it should keep that aggressive florida d honest..
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

I think Snead has 7 interceptions and the fumbles on special teams have nothing to do with the wild Rebel. The team as a whole is not taking care of the ball. If we take care of the ball, we are most likely undefeated and the wild rebel has been a major cause of positive yards and scores.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson