The Swamp

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:
Hagar wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:PS...all due respect Bug Guy...there ain't nothin' ugly about this one....a win in the Swamp against #4 is Swimsuit Model Perty to me!!!!
like I also said, it is a great to get out with a 1 pt win, however we left 10 points on the field. At least 3 just before half with all the confusion getting the plays in.
There are ugly losses but there are not ugly wins, at least not for Ole Miss and when playing a conference game. Maybe in two years we will have some ugly losses but I ain't even going to complain, all I asked for was one more point on the board at the end of time and that's what they gave us. Great job REBELS!
Ditto here! :D
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

There were two decisions during the game that really stick out in my mind:

1) The decision to punt on 4th and 1 in our own territory.
2) Challenging the spot at the end.

Both of those decisions were crucial. Not sure they would have been made correctly last year.
Randy
Goroth

The 4th and one thing I believe was going to be a punt the entire way. They just had a mild thought before the timeout. The spot call came from upstairs I believe. Not the coaches.

Top plays for me were.

1. The fake punt that lead to a TD
2. The fumble to start the 3rd quarter which I believe was a strip by JP. Not completely sure.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I thought I heard that was why Nutt got so upset about the measurement timeout, becuause he thought the spot was a yard or two further back.

Either way it was huge, but I will say after watching the replay a couple of times, if Tebow would have play action faked it would have been six! But he didn't and was stuffed.

I not sure about the 4th and 1, I really think he had a hankering to go but came to his senses.
Randy
Goroth

I am just going off the old rule of under 2 mins it comes from upstairs. Might just be in the NFL though I dunno.