Interesting quote from the Commercial Appeal

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I know there were a lot of things that had to go right for Ole Miss to win, including the blocked extra point and the stop of Tebow on the Gators' last offensive play. But listen at this quote concerning Coach Austin's role in the 86 yard pass to Hodge that ultimately won the game.

Quote: "But with the game knotted at 24 midway through the fourth, Ole Miss offensive coordinator Kent Austin noticed that the Gators’ secondary was cheating, their safeties anticipating the run and their cornerbacks sitting on out routes. The call came for Hodge to go long, to run right past them."

We have a gem in Coach Austin THANKS TO COACH NUTT'S SMART HIRING DECISION!!!!!
Last edited by RichmondVAReb on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RichmondVAReb wrote:I know there were a lot of things that had to go right for Ole Miss to win, including the blocked punt and the stop of Tebow on the Gator's last offensive play. But listen at this quote from Coach Austin concerning the 86 yard pass to Hodge that ultimately won the game.

Austin Quote: "But with the game knotted at 24 midway through the fourth, Ole Miss offensive coordinator Kent Austin noticed that the Gators’ secondary was cheating, their safeties anticipating the run and their cornerbacks sitting on out routes. The call came for Hodge to go long, to run right past them."

We have a gem in Coach Austin THANKS TO COACH NUTT'S SMART HIRING DECISION!!!!!
I was wrong, he does belong upstairs. Thanks, Coach. :D