Moderator: Rebel Security

bop
Water Boy
Water Boy

Bust 'em Nutt
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

bop, the prob I have with this article is that TT and UF as a whole NEVER gave us our props. We whooped 'em. Fair and square. In The Swamp.
There was no "magic". There was no "we gave the game away". (As we did with WF & Vandy.)
We were the BETTER team Saturday. We played OUR game. No gaffs, no give aways, we win.
That is what happened. Sure, we played an equally talented team. And sure, we may not be (quite) as deep as them. But up front we can play with them, as well as anyone.
Here's what I'm looking forward to. Seeing if we can capitalize on this. The players can see it now. All they have to do (AND I TOLD YOU JS IS A GOOD QB, EVERYBODY) is play the game with minimal mistakes. In that case, against a good team we can win. It'll still be a dogfight, but the opportunity for a W is there.
That said, Bummer is looking pretty formidable. But if we play them the same type of well orchestrated and fore-thoughted game as this Saturday, we could at least keep it within range.
Hey, our team is leaping hurdles in a hurry. Perhaps, just maybe, we have something going on here.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

BobReb, that's incredible. I just wrote the same thing on another thread seconds ago.
digger
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

For the life of me I can't understand our fans or other SEC fans disrespecting Tim Tebow. He is rock solid both as a football player and a man. He well represents the class of the SEC IMO.
I don't eat Chinese.....
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

digger wrote:For the life of me I can't understand our fans or other SEC fans disrespecting Tim Tebow. He is rock solid both as a football player and a man. He well represents the class of the SEC IMO.
Everybody loves to be a hater and talk smack. Especially about media darlings.

If you were to evoke an honest response from these same people, they would probably echo your sentiments. It's the internet and people like to talk smack.

Tebow seems to be a stand up guy, but people love it when someone the media builds up so much gets stuffed on a 4th and 1 to lose the game.
Some Random Dude
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

digger wrote:For the life of me I can't understand our fans or other SEC fans disrespecting Tim Tebow. He is rock solid both as a football player and a man. He well represents the class of the SEC IMO.
It's not that I hate Tebow so much as I hate how the media kisses his fanny. It just gets old, is all. You never get to watch a gator game... it's always the Tebow Show. :roll:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
done

I wouild be proud if either of my boys were like him at that age.

He is tough as nails and he gives back. We need more like him.

But I am glad he lost on Saturday.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I watched the video at least two times....Tebow was at leat better than Meyer...AT one point he did say " not to take anything away from Ole MIss they came and played their game plan" Much better than the coach's response
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
digger
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I haven't got any boys but I do have a 25 y.o. daughter. I wish someone would give Tebow her number. If he showed up at my front door to take her out on a date I would jump for joy...especially considering some of the "droopy drawer" reprobates that have showed up at my door in the past.

Now I know how my old girl friends Dads felt when I showed up at their door with my ragged old levis and shaggy hair. Payback is hell.... :(
I don't eat Chinese.....
done

digger wrote:I haven't got any boys but I do have a 25 y.o. daughter. I wish someone would give Tebow her number. If he showed up at my front door to take her out on a date I would jump for joy...especially considering some of the "droopy drawer" reprobates that have showed up at my door in the past.

Now I know how my old girl friends Dads felt when I showed up at their door with my ragged old levis and shaggy hair. Payback is hell.... :(
Don't get me started.....
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
digger wrote:I haven't got any boys but I do have a 25 y.o. daughter. I wish someone would give Tebow her number. If he showed up at my front door to take her out on a date I would jump for joy...especially considering some of the "droopy drawer" reprobates that have showed up at my door in the past.

Don't get me started.....
By all means Dad, go ahead and tell us some horror stories. We'll listen...
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

:lol: :lol: What comes around goes around, doesn't it. I have a 17 yr old, where she finds these guys is beyond me.

One thing is for sure, it is always an adventure when I anwser the door! :lol:
Randy
done

I have a 24 year old and 17 year old.....

It is painful sometimes.

And when I was that age I was a little wimp who brought the girls home 15-30 minutes before they were supposed to be there and the parents loved me but not so much most of the girls....so I must be getting some of my little brother's payback...because he deserves a bunch 8)
Last edited by done on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:I have a 24 year old and 17 year old.....

It is painful sometimes.
Sounds like you need to more fully develope your ogre routine. 8)
digger
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I could have told you where you were going wrong with getting the chicks to dig ya Chuck...you should've brought 'em home late and made their parents hate you! (ala a modern day James Dean).

It would have also helped if you would've driven your car on the edge of Dad's freshly manicured lawn as you backed out of the driveway, flipped cigarette butts out the car window as you hit the street, and then peeled out with your stereo turned up full volume going boom-boom-boom.

Dad's really get off on that kinda stuff. :evil:
I don't eat Chinese.....