check this florida paper out!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

http://www.gainesville.com/
It is so sweet to not have this be our presser.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

It bothers me that they are still saying "this is not florida ball"

Florida is demoralizing our own win by blaming it on themselves. I think the defense had more to do with Tebow's loss than Tebow.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Don't worry about it. The fact that a multi-million dollar coach would make a stupid comment like this:
"It's illegal to hurdle a player," Meyer said. "I warned the guy about it because they were doing it the whole game."
says it all. He's just acting like a child, and making completely unfounded excuses. Which makes it all the more sweet. :lol:
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BobReb wrote:Don't worry about it. The fact that a multi-million dollar coach would make a stupid comment like this:
"It's illegal to hurdle a player," Meyer said. "I warned the guy about it because they were doing it the whole game."
says it all. He's just acting like a child, and making completely unfounded excuses. Which makes it all the more sweet. :lol:
A couple of things: I truly don't believe Florida played their best ball. I think they could've done better. But I'll still take the win. Secondly, I watched that "hurdle" like 20 times: there was NO hurdle. He's being a baby.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebelConvert wrote:
BobReb wrote:Don't worry about it. The fact that a multi-million dollar coach would make a stupid comment like this:
A couple of things: I truly don't believe Florida played their best ball. I think they could've done better. But I'll still take the win. Secondly, I watched that "hurdle" like 20 times: there was NO hurdle. He's being a baby.
You know what's great, though? We didn't play our best either. Mistakes, penalties, blown coverage, poor passes, missed blocks. Bottom line, we played good enough to celebrate when it was over...and I did.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:
You know what's great, though? We didn't play our best either. Mistakes, penalties, blown coverage, poor passes, missed blocks. Bottom line, we played good enough to celebrate when it was over...and I did.
Well said and 100% on target. Emotion is an important part of fb, and in this game, we were hungrier and more determined. Tears and whining doesn't change that or make it less of a victory, but they do diminish the UF HC. I'm proud of this team for deciding NOT to lose and then doing what was necessary to achieve victory Sa. UF thought the Rebs would have a meltdown in the 4Q. They were wrong. This game was one more step on the right path to becoming a solid program. We're not there by a long shot, but we are closer.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:
That's what one of the Raycom guys said and Im glad he made that assessment. One of them made the coment that Forida was "shooting themselves in the foot" and the other guy said "so has Ole Miss"

You can argue that Florida didn't play good. They didn't play good because our D-line dominated the line of scrimmage. The fumbles were created by our guys who made some great plays on the ball. They just got outplayed.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
------------------

The last part of his quote is what lies at the heart of what Meyer is trying to say:

"It's illegal to hurdle a player on a field goal," Meyer said. "I grabbed [the referee] on my sideline early in the game and said, 'Listen, they're doing this.' He made a comment, 'He went through the gap.' With the way we teach field-goal protection, there should be no gaps."

Meyer is basically saying that his team doesn't allow gaps in the line during field goals. Therefore, Lockett must have hurdled the line.

Sorry, Urban...apparently there were gaps in your line during that field goal attempt. Maybe you need to re-teach field goal protection to your players.

[/i]
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Sasquatch wrote:The last part of his quote is what lies at the heart of what Meyer is trying to say:

"It's illegal to hurdle a player on a field goal," Meyer said. "I grabbed [the referee] on my sideline early in the game and said, 'Listen, they're doing this.' He made a comment, 'He went through the gap.' With the way we teach field-goal protection, there should be no gaps."

Meyer is basically saying that his team doesn't allow gaps in the line during field goals. Therefore, Lockett must have hurdled the line.

Sorry, Urban...apparently there were gaps in your line during that field goal attempt. Maybe you need to re-teach field goal protection to your players.

[/i]
Yeah, he's just dead wrong. If you replay that FG attempt, as I did in frame-by-frame, you'll see that he just popped right through the very gap that Meyer says don't exist on his team. He did not hurdle anyone, propell himself by any other player, or jump offsides. He just got there quickly, and legally. Besides that, it looked to me like the kick may have been a little bit low to start with, making a jump and block easier to do. He should review the tape.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
done

Two of those turnovers were caused by our defenders...Tebow's was juts a lazy handoff.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Meyer just can't accept that he was out-coached in that game. And our team just wanted it more!!!!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

One and only one response to Meyer:

SCOREBOARD.

I have wanted to do that for soooooooo looooonnnnnnggggg. It's nice not to be the ones talking about the officials for once.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.