Video of Jerrell Powe leading the Band

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I actually missed this because my program got cut off and i was wanting to see it so thanks for the post!

Oh how it can feel sooo sweet!
HottyToddy'06
mtnrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hey, glad to help. It is so great for Jerrell, and not to mention the other players who finally got a win (and a huge one at that)!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mtnrebel wrote:Hey, glad to help. It is so great for Jerrell, and not to mention the other players who finally got a win (and a huge one at that)!
All true, but he does need to work on his rhythm.
done

I am guessing that the song doesn't offend him.....very cool to see....he is one big dude!
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:I am guessing that the song doesn't offend him.....very cool to see....he is one big dude!
He probably doesn't say something ridiculous like "the south will rise again" when he's done. :roll: But it looks like he really should take some music lessons. :lol:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
done

RebelConvert wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I am guessing that the song doesn't offend him.....very cool to see....he is one big dude!
He probably doesn't say something ridiculous like "the south will rise again" when he's done. :roll: But it looks like he really should take some music lessons. :lol:
Maybe we ought to put him up in the stands with those stupid students when they do say that and see if they might think twice 8)
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

I lobved seeing this after the game. I thought it was great seeing him out there leading the band and just soaking it all in.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
Leibniz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Maybe when people say the "South Will Rise Again" they're talking about the negative aspects, but maybe just maybe it wouldn't hurt us and the state of Mississippi if the south did rise again as a economic and cultural power. To say we can't say the "south will rise again" at all is to condemn the many positives things about being Southern.
Last edited by Leibniz on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Leibniz wrote:Maybe when people say the "South Will Rise Again" they're talking about the negative aspects, but maybe just maybe it wouldn't hurt us and the state of Mississippi if the south did rise again as a economic and cultural power. To say we can't say the south will rise again at all is to condemn the many positives things about being Southern.
"The south will rise again as an economic and cultural power" just doesn't work... it hurts the music. :P
mtnrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Leibniz wrote:Maybe when people say the "South Will Rise Again" they're not talking about the negative aspects, but maybe just maybe it wouldn't hurt us and the state of Mississippi if the south did rise again as a economic and cultural power. To say we can't say the "south will rise again" at all is to condemn the many positives things about being Southern.
Thank you. No matter what you think of the past, why do you continue to O.N.L.Y. think of the BAD parts of it with regard to "The South Will Rise Again". Gentlemen, WE are SOUTHERN (meaning in and of the S.O.U.T.H.). Morgan Freeman (in Mississippi "R.I.S.I.N.G.") said to "Be a part of it, Be a part of Mississippi RISING". Also, if I'd known this was going to go here--I wouldn't have posted this link. Goodness, be HAPPY for Jerrell Powe--A SOUTHERNER who ROSE AGAIN!! Be happy for the TEAM, just relax and let yourself enjoy the good times!!

Get the point 8O :roll:
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

mtnrebel wrote:
Leibniz wrote:Maybe when people say the "South Will Rise Again" they're not talking about the negative aspects, but maybe just maybe it wouldn't hurt us and the state of Mississippi if the south did rise again as a economic and cultural power. To say we can't say the "south will rise again" at all is to condemn the many positives things about being Southern.
Thank you. No matter what you think of the past, why do you continue to O.N.L.Y. think of the BAD parts of it with regard to "The South Will Rise Again". Gentlemen, WE are SOUTHERN (meaning in and of the S.O.U.T.H.). Morgan Freeman (in Mississippi "R.I.S.I.N.G.") said to "Be a part of it, Be a part of Mississippi RISING". Also, if I'd known this was going to go here--I wouldn't have posted this link. Goodness, be HAPPY for Jerrell Powe--A SOUTHERNER who ROSE AGAIN!! Be happy for the TEAM, just relax and let yourself enjoy the good times!!

Get the point 8O :roll:
The problem is that you don't have the chance to explain all of that at the end of the song.
Gentlemen, WE are SOUTHERN (meaning in and of the S.O.U.T.H.).
By the way, not a gentleman... but I will accept that as a compliment anyway. :wink:
done

Leibniz wrote:Maybe when people say the "South Will Rise Again" they're talking about the negative aspects, but maybe just maybe it wouldn't hurt us and the state of Mississippi if the south did rise again as a economic and cultural power. To say we can't say the "south will rise again" at all is to condemn the many positives things about being Southern.
We all know what "The South Will Rise Again" means (except possibly the drunk students who yell it)...we can make statements in defense of our state flag (as I have), the playing of From Dixie With Love (as I have), but there is no ambiguity about "the South WIll Rise Again"...they might as well put on white hoods when they yell that.
Leibniz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Leibniz wrote:Maybe when people say the "South Will Rise Again" they're talking about the negative aspects, but maybe just maybe it wouldn't hurt us and the state of Mississippi if the south did rise again as a economic and cultural power. To say we can't say the "south will rise again" at all is to condemn the many positives things about being Southern.
We all know what "The South Will Rise Again" means (except possibly the drunk students who yell it)...we can make statements in defense of our state flag (as I have), the playing of From Dixie With Love (as I have), but there is no ambiguity about "the South WIll Rise Again"...they might as well put on white hoods when they yell that.
You can propose what someone might as well be doing, but the empirical evidence shows that the students and fans saying it in the stadium and at the grove have been but stupid kluckers. It's negative is a subject opinion based completely on conjecture.