Gamecocks fan here...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Ertman420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Just stopping by to wish both teams good luck, and to say let's all hope for an injury-free contest this Saturday...

I see a lot of the predictions on your board mirror the ones on ours (www.cockytalk.com) though of course, our fans think we'll pull out a squeaker.

Will you guys be ready for the #1 defense in the country? I know you guys use the Wild Rebel formation, a la the Wild Cat at Ar-kansas... how often do you run it? 50% of the time? More? I'll tell you this: if our D has a weakness, it's that we're HUGE at the LB position and overly aggressive pursuing the ball; that makes us vulnerable to misdirection plays like reverses and the like. I think the Wild Rebel might work well against our D, but who knows until we hit the field?

The big question is: can our dysmal offense put some points on the board now that our Party Boy freshman is getting significant playing time?

Either way, it'll be a good game, and though I can't be there in person, I'll be here in South Carolina with my bourbon and coke(s) cheering on my team and hoping no one on either team gets hurt! Good luck to you guys (though not quite enough good luck to win I hope!)

-ertman420
(www.cockytalk.com)
cajunrebel

Good luck to ya'll as well this season, except for Saturday. My biggest concern about Saturday isn't the X's and O's but how the team handles last week's success. I hope they don't come out flat, Coach Nutt needs to have them properly motivated and I hope that Snead doesn't play like he did in the Vanderbilt game. Our offense will throw a lot of different looks at your defense along with the wildrebel but no telling how many times. It will be interesting to see how much of a running or passing attack we try to establish in the first half against your great defense. Enjoy the game.

Hotty Toddy
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Ertman420
Water Boy
Water Boy

cajunrebel wrote:Good luck to ya'll as well this season, except for Saturday. My biggest concern about Saturday isn't the X's and O's but how the team handles last week's success. I hope they don't come out flat, Coach Nutt needs to have them properly motivated and I hope that Snead doesn't play like he did in the Vanderbilt game. Our offense will throw a lot of different looks at your defense along with the wildrebel but no telling how many times. It will be interesting to see how much of a running or passing attack we try to establish in the first half against your great defense. Enjoy the game.

Hotty Toddy
I've definitely seen some teams come off a giant win like that and lay an egg, but I think Nutt is a good motivator. he should have you guys straight this weekend. For us, it's a must-win game, so we should play with our backs against the wall (I hope)
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I hate SCAR, but they have the COOLEST freakin' coach in the SEC.

He'd fit in as an undergrad here so easily.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner