Nix having been on Spurier's staff is a huge plus...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Tyrone should be very well acquanted with the USC offense. I liken this game to when the Tuna at Dallas played Sean Peyton for the first time. The Tuna like Spurrier was a relic and Sean was his apprentice but who had a lot more creativity. New Olreans was not the better team but they spanked Dallas that day because Sean knew exactly what to expect from the Tuna. Now Nix has an inside advantage that you rarely get. I predict that the struggling USC offense will be hard pressed against Nix's defensive unit.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Excellent point! I hadn't even consider that. Advantage Ole Miss!
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

That's a big part of why I say 31-13 OM 8)
Ertman420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Well don't forget the other side of the coin, that Spurrier will be intimately familiar with Nix's denfense...

I think this will be a close game...

24-21 could go either way, course I'm biased so I'll pick the Gamecocks!
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

Ertman420 wrote:Well don't forget the other side of the coin, that Spurrier will be intimately familiar with Nix's denfense...

I totally agree, this will be a close game. I just hope unlike last year that we'll win these close games. I think that Nutt will have the team ready for this one and not let the big win last week mess us up this week. It will be a fun game, just wish I could watch it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ertman420 wrote:Well don't forget the other side of the coin, that Spurrier will be intimately familiar with Nix's denfense...

I agree with you here, but SC hasn't faced a P. Jerry or a G. Hardy. You really can't prepare for them unless you just decide to double both of them and take your chances with Laurent, Powe, and Co.
Some Random Dude
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewindha wrote:

I agree with you here, but SC hasn't faced a P. Jerry or a G. Hardy. You really can't prepare for them unless you just decide to double both of them and take your chances with Laurent, Powe, and Co.
they will be one dimensional, Running on us won't work and if they have any success at all it will be in the air, I expect turnovers and special teams to decide this one.
Later,
Hagar
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I dont think I was that worried about their offense to begin with. their little RB, Mike Davis is good along with TE Jared Cook, Jason Cooks bro
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BigTrev34 wrote:I dont think I was that worried about their offense to begin with. their little RB, Mike Davis is good along with TE Jared Cook, Jason Cooks bro
It is my understanding that they have no O line to give protection with...also they are starting Stephen Garcia...I don't think he has had much playing time at all. I cannot wait to introduce Mr. Garcia to Mr. Hardy and Mr. Powe. and Mr. Jerry.
Later,
Hagar