Rebel Legend

October 18, 2008 Rebs Roll #1 tide!

Snead 19-24, 240 2 tds
Bodlin 115 1 td
Mike Wallace 87 yards 1 td
Shay Hodge 111 1 td
Dexter 130 all purpose yards
Hardy wakes up 3 sacks, 10 qb hurries, 1 fumble recovery
Marshay Green 1 int returned 40 yards for td.

Final Score 31- 24 Rebs..

It could happen....
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I hope u are correct sir, please send me what u are smoking.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

this is not the year to be sitting comfortably in the top 5, that's for sure.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Fifth-year wide receiver Jordan Shipley caught a career-high 11 passes for 112 yards and a touchdown, and also returned a kickoff 96 yards for a touchdown. Senior wide receiver Quan Cosby caught nine passes for 122 yards. Fifth-year tailback Chris Ogbonnaya rushed for a career-best 127 yards, including a 62-yard sweep in the fourth quarter to the Oklahoma 2 that set up the final touchdown.
Notice the number of mentions in one paragraph of who contributed to Texas beating #1 OU? Two fifth year and one senior were standouts. Ole Miss does not have the depth nor the experience to consistently beat top five teams but we do have the talent. This was not Bama's year, next year was supposed to be Bama's turning point. So the same could be said for Bama, that they do not have the depth nor the experience to be a #1 team in the nation. Therefore, when it comes to our match up with them, I would say that Ole Miss has as good a chance of beating Bama as Texas did OU. On paper OU was primed and Texas was one year away. Ole Miss shocked the world with beating FL and now look how good a team that FL unit has been shown to be. I guarantee Bama could not beat FL right now. They won't have to unless the meet them in ATL. Ole Miss can play with Bama for sure. After that we will see where we stand in the race for the West. With Auburn losing to Arkansas and LSU to FL the race just landed squarely on the shoulders of Bama. It is theirs to lose at this point. If we beat them then the race is wide open for sure.