Better days are coming

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I am too old to cry, and men are not supposed to cry, but I really felt like shedding tears today. Jevan was named player of the game and the last time I think an Ole Miss QB lost and was named player of the game was when Archie received the honor and the Bear came to the locker room to congratulate the team. We lost that one 33-32 if I remember.
I do think we can and will beat Hog Farm USA, ULMonroe, Auburn, Moo U, and that will put us in a bowl of some kind. I also think we can beat the stripped *beep* cats in BR.
I wanted us to be better than our record shows, but I am in hopes our turnovers will diminish and we will get better. Losing sucks.
Being in Texas, I watch the Aggie fans cry every week and they were once a powerhouse. Misery loves company.
I still love Ole Miss.
RUE
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Well said, Jimbo, well said. :cry:
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
hottytoddy08
Water Boy
Water Boy

they played with heart till the end! nuff said!
smokedraw
Water Boy
Water Boy

A loss is a loss no matter how you stay in the game. Problem is that
when you are up one week and off the next if builds inconsistency.
The kids get discouraged and you self destruct. I understand this was against a top team but the Vandy and Wake games are inexcusable. I tired of coming close.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm sick of this 'we played with heart' and 'better days are ahead' crap. We need some players who aren't afraid to win a d*** game.
Some Random Dude
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:I'm sick of this 'we played with heart' and 'better days are ahead' crap. We need some players who aren't afraid to win a d*** game.
with that said...we could have hung our freakin heads at half time. Yes, we gave them the game...but with turnovers... not lack of heart or ability or even determination. I'm sick knowing we could be undefeated and,..if we were, we'd be #1 or 2 in the country right now. Next year or the next we could be even better and still not have the opportunities squandered this year to make a BCS appearance (and Atlanta).

we've overcome mistakes, injuries, bad play calling and some bad officiating...but not the d*** turnovers.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
lewindha wrote:I'm sick of this 'we played with heart' and 'better days are ahead' crap. We need some players who aren't afraid to win a d*** game.
with that said...we could have hung our freakin heads at half time. Yes, we gave them the game...but with turnovers... not lack of heart or ability or even determination. I'm sick knowing we could be undefeated and,..if we were, we'd be #1 or 2 in the country right now. Next year or the next we could be even better and still not have the opportunities squandered this year to make a BCS appearance (and Atlanta).

we've overcome mistakes, injuries, bad play calling and some bad officiating...but not the d*** turnovers.
I wouldn't hold out much hope for next year with most of our O line leaving and P. Jerry. And our O line can't run block to save their lives now, next year will not be good I think.
Some Random Dude
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:

I wouldn't hold out much hope for next year with most of our O line leaving and P. Jerry. And our O line can't run block to save their lives now, next year will not be good I think.
not. just saying this is the year foe it all to be in place...actually Bama is the benefactor at present ( but it could just as easily have been us)...although I see trouble on their horizon.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I agree this should be our year. New coach and old mentality doesn't help. But we have the talent to be great, just didn't happen.

There may be trouble on the horizon for Bama this year. I think they will lose. But they are young and should be tough for a while.
Some Random Dude
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

This is crazy.

No, this should not at all be "our year".

We are at least a year away from being decent at best.

I am tired of hearing we could be 7-0, we might could ,but the Patriots of '07 should have been undefeated, the A's of 1990 should have white-washed the Reds, the 1983 Houston team shouldda killed NC State in the Final Four Game...

Woulda, shoulda, coulda (sic)...

This is sport, people!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Goroth

OMNOB wrote:This is crazy.

I am tired of hearing we could be 7-0, we might could ,but the Patriots of '07 should have been undefeated, the A's of 1990 should have white-washed the Reds, the 1983 Houston team shouldda killed NC State in the Final Four Game...

This is sport, people!
Pretty much the train i've been riding. Still thought a 6 win season maybe 7. Was completely possible.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jimbo wrote:I am too old to cry, and men are not supposed to cry, but I really felt like shedding tears today. Jevan was named player of the game and the last time I think an Ole Miss QB lost and was named player of the game was when Archie received the honor and the Bear came to the locker room to congratulate the team. We lost that one 33-32 if I remember.
I do think we can and will beat Hog Farm USA, ULMonroe, Auburn, Moo U, and that will put us in a bowl of some kind. I also think we can beat the stripped *beep* cats in BR.
I wanted us to be better than our record shows, but I am in hopes our turnovers will diminish and we will get better. Losing sucks.
Being in Texas, I watch the Aggie fans cry every week and they were once a powerhouse. Misery loves company.
I still love Ole Miss.
I feel you man! Hopefully by next year we will be able to see the strides we have made this year.

It has been night and day as far as I am concerned.
Randy
POPSREB
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Well.....in response to Smokedraw, I would have thought we would have won the SC game. Hell....after coming off a big win from FL, you would have thought the players would have had the atitude of winning again. Like we may be back in this thing......same ole song and dance ....mistakes cost you the game.......also you have to play 4 quarters....not 2. Nuts big thing....Finish the game. To fininsh you have to play all through the game. Period. :evil: :twisted:
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB wrote:This is crazy.

This is sport, people!
I'm just saying, the top 10 dropping like flies doesn't happen very year (or even every decade)...and this would have been a GOOD year for us to get enough breaks to fall into a BCS game. Hell, it happened to LSU in 2003. They tie us for the west, and win the NC game. How crazy is that? This is one of those years and we didn't take care of the football. Yes we should be a much better team in a few years...if we replace the real studs on our team with more studs...but the rest of the equation (top ten musical chairs) might not be in the cards. I don't think we are the best team in the country...or even top 5, 6 or 8. I do think we could beat 4 of the top 8 if we don't turn it over and play hard for 4 quarters.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I posted at the beginning of the season that I would be happy with 6 wins this year. Im proud that after one of the wrost halves of football I have ever seen that we came back and played well in the second half yesterday.

If after we beat MSU we have atleast 6 wins, I will say "This was a successful season and they did what I was hoping for". I'm definately not in a panic mode now.

Most of you gave us little to no chance to beat Bama at pre-season. I still see us geting that 6.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan