Bama thougts

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

taitfly
Water Boy
Water Boy

OK... I just posted my thoughts on this blog...
http://jukindownsouth.blogspot.com/
I apologize for the non-respect for the mojo!
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

The comentators are infected with the media bias bug that shows on the national election coverage. There is a great unbiased sportscaster named Ron Franklin and it is a pleasure to hear his game calling. It is kind of nice to know that Ron grew up in Oxford. There are several folks that could make your HIT list. I have long proposed a special section at the stadiums for long time fans who are allowed to bring high powered rifles with scope to edit the performance of certain players, officials, and now commentators. Doyle Jackson would have been gone from last year's game, and poor Dexter would be a walking gimp if not totaly gone. Only Kidding, but just think of the possibilities.
RUE
classof97
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I have to admit that I thought BAMA got juked when Texas passed them on the bye week, but after watching Texas Demolish Mizzou this weekend, I agree that Texas deserves the #1 spot. Also, the way BAMA plays (consistently shoddy) in the second half doesn't do much for their case.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Am I the only one that thinks Penn State is the best team. They crushed Oregon St and have beat ecryone this year handily. I cant believe Darylkl Clark is not in Heisman talk.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

BigTrev34 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Penn State is the best team. They crushed Oregon St and have beat ecryone this year handily. I cant believe Darylkl Clark is not in Heisman talk.
I'd have them at #2, like I said in another post. Hard to argue with Texas being #1 after they then beat #1 Oklahoma.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
MikeStone
Water Boy
Water Boy

I'm not gonna give Penn State any love until they beat Ohio State this weekend. If they do that, I'll give them some credit.

Right now I believe Texas and Bama are the best. However, Texas has a suspect defense and Bama evidently doesn't know the game is played for 60, not 30, minutes.

I see that the Big 12 is getting alot of attention from the media. Am I the only one that sees that those guys don't play much "D" in that conference. We all know defense wins championships and the only teams that play it are the USC trojans and (top to bottom-except for Arkansas) the SEC. I truly believe that a Big 12/SEC matchup in the title game will send another trophy to our conference.

We shall see.

Mike
MikeStone
Water Boy
Water Boy

The media is biased against the entire SEC. It's because they are Yankees and cannot stand that we are the best. Pure jealousy.

Also, watch the mistakes these guys make when calling the games, I'm just as informed as they are.

One example: ESPN said Spurrier had 7 SEC titles and even put up a graphic saying so. He has 6 SEC titles. It's kind of a small thing and then again, it's not. They make mistakes like this on a regular basis.

Another example: Announcer still under the impression that there is a 5 yard incidental facemask and the 15 yard personal foul. D a m n, just do a little reading.

It's sad.
done

This is the first Texas team I have seen that comes close to playing as tough as an SEC team (the NC was all on the shoulders of Vince Young). But until I see them do this against USC or a team from the SEC I will withhold the ultimate praise.

I think Muschamp has made a heckuva lot of difference in attitude that has spread across the whole team.