To the good Arky fans who have visited...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

To JHudson, HogCorleone and the few other fans who have visited us respectfully, good luck this weekend.

I hope we beat your beloved Razorbacks, but win or lose you are welcome back here anytime.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Seconded.

Adding: Please, do us a favor and tell any sane, lucid Ark fans like yourselves (b/c honestly, I don't care what the crazies think) that 90% of our fanbase does NOT agree with this retarded and completely idiotic banner thing if it actually flies. The people in charge of this thing are mildly delusional and completely eaten up with "the fight club".
L. S. WHO?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:Seconded.

Adding: Please, do us a favor and tell any sane, lucid Ark fans like yourselves (b/c honestly, I don't care what the crazies think) that 90% of our fanbase does NOT agree with this retarded and completely idiotic banner thing if it actually flies. The people in charge of this thing are mildly delusional and completely eaten up with "the fight club".
Banner thing?...
cajunrebel

bigtreydaddy wrote:

Banner thing?...
I've been out of the loop and town since last Thursday, but here is what I found on Rivals.

"apparently some Ole Miss fans are funding a banner to be towed through the air above Razorback Stadium that says "Ole Miss is Nutts about Houston"

Another good hog is NorCarHog (something like that).
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

cajunrebel wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:

Banner thing?...
I've been out of the loop and town since last Thursday, but here is what I found on Rivals.

"apparently some Ole Miss fans are funding a banner to be towed through the air above Razorback Stadium that says "Ole Miss is Nutts about Houston"

Actually, I think that's a pretty funny idea...if only the banner said something different rather than making a play on the coach's name. :lol:
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote: Banner thing?...

Actually, I think that's a pretty funny idea...if only the banner said something different rather than making a play on the coach's name. :lol:
That's most people's contention. We like the irreverent, in your face nature of the idea, but the saying is.... um.... well, terrible. It's been planned for weeks, started by one poster (on the Spirit board and supported through widespread, coolaide fueled homerism there. There's more info on "other boards" about it.
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
cajunrebel wrote: I've been out of the loop and town since last Thursday, but here is what I found on Rivals.

That's most people's contention. We like the irreverent, in your face nature of the idea, but the saying is.... um.... well, terrible. It's been planned for weeks, started by one poster (on the Spirit board and supported through widespread, coolaide fueled homerism there. There's more info on "other boards" about it.
While I kinda dig the idea...I'll have no part in it. It would be a great slap to the Hog nation, but also somewhat classless.

That said, you can bet your butt I'll be watching for it Saturday!
GO REBELS!!!
smokedraw
Water Boy
Water Boy

If you want to be taken serious by the rest of the nation. A 3-4 team should never fly a banner over another 3-4 team. We need to have alittle more class than arky fans. If it happens anyway I vote for "WE LOVE OUR NUTTS"
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

I guess meth finally made it to Mississippi :roll:

(talking about the banner idea)
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Looks like the 'banner' idea has been grounded, thank goodness. The guy who was going to do it was catching a lot of grief about it. He said that if people did not want him to do it that he would not IF people raised $5,000 for the locker room project under the South end zone. Well folks stepped up and raised over $7,000 and he kept his word and called off the fly over.

We may need to blackmail more and threaten more goofy ideas to get $$$ raised for UMAA.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
MikeStone
Water Boy
Water Boy

"While I kinda dig the idea...I'll have no part in it. It would be a great slap to the Hog nation, but also somewhat classless"

Classless? I think not, it's a positive message saying that we like Houston Nutt and most of us, including myself, do. What's classless is what all those Hog fans have been saying, writing, blogging, etc. -about. I think it's one of those "don't know what you got 'til it's gone" things over there. Petrino will be successfull, but Nutt loved that place and a bunch of A-Holes ran him off.

Hotty Toddy, our first win over there since 2000.
doppelganger
Banned

Actually I would consider it a favor if you guys fly the banner. It will just get the Arkansas fans riled up and make it harder on your team. :D

As for Arkansas fans being a-holes for running Nutt off... oh please. We wanted a change, so we pushed for a new coach to be hired. I could post facts and stats to describe why we were tired of Nutt (I actually did), but I have decided not to because you know where you can go if you want to find that stuff. It doesn't belong on this board.

Anyway, I hope that those of you who are making the trip have a good time.
NorCalHog
Water Boy
Water Boy

cajunrebel wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:

Banner thing?...

Thank you, Cajun. I appreciate that.

That said, I of course hope Arkansas wins. Not because it's Ole Miss, but because Ole Miss is the next game. I will admit though, that if Coach Nutt leaves Fayetteville with a win, it will likely sting a little more than usual.

As far as the banner, it would indeed be an unusual move. I'm sure it wouldn't go over very well. There are reasonable Razorbacks fans though, that understand every team has its "fringes". However, if they do indeed fly it, I hope they have the common sense to do it after the game in case of an Ole Miss loss. To fly a banner like that during pregame, then lose, would be pretty humiliating to even the best Ole Miss fans.

Here's hoping for an exciting, and injury free game.

Go Hogs
AR~Rebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Thanks Rebchuck18. I'm hoping for a well-officiated, injury-free game and for people to behave in an appropriate manner. I'm primarily a Razorback fan but also a Rebel fan, so today I have a lot of ambivalence. I do think that it's going to be a helluva game! Good luck to both teams!
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good game hogs, and I appreciate those of you that came to the board and remained civil, hopefully we were all well behaved as well.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan