WHERE ARE THE FREAKING ARKANSAS TROLLS NOW?!?!?!?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote::lol:
wherever they are, I hope they stay there! :lol:
doppelganger
Banned

Seriously guys, Ole Miss underperformed tonight. You guys should have beaten us by way more than a missed FG.

Congratulations on the win, though.
done

doppelganger wrote:Seriously guys, Ole Miss underperformed tonight. You guys should have beaten us by way more than a missed FG.

Nutt 1
Petrino 0

Period!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

doppelganger wrote:Seriously guys, Ole Miss underperformed tonight. You guys should have beaten us by way more than a missed FG.

Thanks, I think both teams looked horrid. But I will take a horrid win on the road any day.
Randy
doppelganger
Banned

Rebchuck18 wrote:

Nutt 1
Petrino 0

Period!
Ole Miss won the game, congratulations on that. Your team earned it.

HOWEVER, there is no denying that Arkansas is a less talented, younger team. I understand why you guys want to rub it in our faces, but most Arkansas fans expected to lose by more than we did. Acting high and mighty isn't going to work for Ole Miss fans on this one.

I think our team has better potential for the future. Our recruiting class is currently ranked #15, while Ole Miss's is ranked #50. Our average star rating is 3.26, Ole Miss's is something like 2.75 or 2.8. Ole Miss has to compete with MSU for in-state recruits, and MSU has recruited very well lately.

Enjoy the win over us, because it will be your last while Petrino and Nutt are coaching at our schools.

I would usually not post stats like this on your board, but you did call Arkansas fans out.
doppelganger
Banned

rewalters wrote:

Thanks, I think both teams looked horrid. But I will take a horrid win on the road any day.
Agreed, any win is a win. I agree that both teams played poorly. Also, what's with SEC refs this year? They have been blowing calls all season long. I saw boneheaded spots and calls all night for both sides of the ball.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

doppelganger wrote:I think our team has better potential for the future. Our recruiting class is currently ranked #15, while Ole Miss's is ranked #50. Our average star rating is 3.26, Ole Miss's is something like 2.75 or 2.8. Ole Miss has to compete with MSU for in-state recruits, and MSU has recruited very well lately.
Take my advice, I really wouldn't use that arguement around here. If you knew what had gone on around here the last couple of years, you would realize there are several Rebel fans chuckling as they read your statement.
Randy
doppelganger
Banned

rewalters wrote:
doppelganger wrote:I think our team has better potential for the future. Our recruiting class is currently ranked #15, while Ole Miss's is ranked #50. Our average star rating is 3.26, Ole Miss's is something like 2.75 or 2.8. Ole Miss has to compete with MSU for in-state recruits, and MSU has recruited very well lately.
Take my advice, I really wouldn't use that arguement around here. If you knew what had gone on around here the last couple of years, you would realize there are several Rebel fans chuckling as they read your statement.
What are you taking issue with? If you are going to defend Nutt's recruiting, think again. He has averaged high 20s or low 30s (about 2.8 or 2.9 star averages overall) while he was at Arkansas, and Petrino has done much better so far this year during a DOWN year for Arkansas's senior class. Any way you slice it, Petrino has exceeded Nutt's recruiting in his first year.
Last edited by doppelganger on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

doppelganger wrote:
rewalters wrote:
What are you taking issue with? If you are going to defend Nutt's recruiting, think again. He has averaged high 20s or low 30s (typically under 3 star averages) while he was at Arkansas, and Petrino has done much better so far this year during a DOWN year for Arkansas's senior class. Any way you slice it, Petrino has exceeded Nutt's recruiting in his first year.
No what I am saying is that all we have heard for the last three years is what great recruiting years we have had; well we see where that got us!

Don't throw recruiting up in our face, let's just keep playing the games on the field and see where it ends up!
Randy
Heath
All American
All American

doppelganger wrote:
rewalters wrote:
What are you taking issue with? If you are going to defend Nutt's recruiting, think again. He has averaged high 20s or low 30s (typically under 3 star averages) while he was at Arkansas, and Petrino has done much better so far this year during a DOWN year for Arkansas's senior class. Any way you slice it, Petrino has exceeded Nutt's recruiting in his first year.
No, what he means is that Orgeron could recruit the panties off a nun, but then would not know what to do after that. We found out that there must be some X's and O's knowledge to go along with those recruits to win games. On a different level, look at the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. They have more talent than anyone but still can't beat below average teams. That was the point of the recruiting statement. I think!
doppelganger
Banned

rewalters wrote:
doppelganger wrote:
rewalters wrote: Take my advice, I really wouldn't use that arguement around here. If you knew what had gone on around here the last couple of years, you would realize there are several Rebel fans chuckling as they read your statement.
No what I am saying is that all we have heard for the last three years is what great recruiting years we have had; well we see where that got us!

Don't throw recruiting up in our face, let's just keep playing the games on the field and see where it ends up!
Ole Miss has had better ranked recruiting classes (including higher star averages during two out of three years), so yes, Ole Miss has more talent and more depth than Arkansas does. Period.

Citing your precious records as proof that your recruiting hasn't been as good is an obviously flawed argument. You had a dunce as your head coach. Nutt is obviously a better coach than Orgeron in terms of getting his team to win, but he's not a particularly great recruiter, and I don't think he will be able to outcoach Petrino on the field, especially once Petrino recruits a couple of his own classes.

Remember, Nutt did great his first couple of years at Arkansas when he was coaching someone else's players. He has been consistently mediocre since then.

But yes, let's see how things go the next few years. I am confident that we will emerge as the better team very soon.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heath wrote:
doppelganger wrote:
rewalters wrote: Take my advice, I really wouldn't use that arguement around here. If you knew what had gone on around here the last couple of years, you would realize there are several Rebel fans chuckling as they read your statement.
No, what he means is that Orgeron could recruit the panties off a nun, but then would not know what to do after that. We found out that there must be some X's and O's knowledge to go along with those recruits to win games. On a different level, look at the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. They have more talent than anyone but still can't beat below average teams. That was the point of the recruiting statement. I think!
Nailed it, thanks! Obviously I don't speak pig very well.
Randy
doppelganger
Banned

Heath wrote:
doppelganger wrote:
In that regard, I completely agree. I understand the issues that Ole Miss had with their previous coach, for the most part. He was a good recruiter but not a very good coach. Nutt is definitely a better coach but he will never rival Orgeron as a recruiter.

I think he will be an improvement overall for Ole Miss. You guys will win SEC games now. There's no reason not to be happy with that.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

"Enjoy the win over us, because it will be your last while Petrino and Nutt are coaching at our schools."

So see, Fellow Rebs? Basically he's just talking about the next year and a half.