Greg Hardy's exit from the game...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

There has been much made about Hardy's departure from the game on Saturday and I thought I should share what he did after leaving the field. For an hour after the game, he hung around between VHS and the IPF signing autographs for kids and taking pictures with families. He was apparently very confused that anyone was upset with his behavior. He felt he was being a team guy doing what he was doing.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I really didn't see what was wrong with what he did. He left the field after the game was over. He didn't play, so more than likely he wasn't going to be interviewed. No need to just hang around. He's being targeted for every little thing he does on and off the field. Brandt made a story out of a non story.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

USCrebel wrote:There has been much made about Hardy's departure from the game on Saturday and I thought I should share what he did after leaving the field. For an hour after the game, he hung around between VHS and the IPF signing autographs for kids and taking pictures with families. He was apparently very confused that anyone was upset with his behavior. He felt he was being a team guy doing what he was doing.
A wonderful thing to do. Too bad so called journalists prefer sensation to fact. Even worse that we assume their trite is true.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

USC, since Hardy has a bum foot and hasn't seen much playing time this season, is he considering coming back next season? If you haven't heard anything that's alright.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

rrlynch wrote:USC, since Hardy has a bum foot and hasn't seen much playing time this season, is he considering coming back next season? If you haven't heard anything that's alright.
He'll be back.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
done

That is cool that he was signing autographs, but the perception is that he didn't celebrate with the team because he only wants to celebrate his individual success (like with throat slashes). That may not be reality but that is the perception. I am a fairly level headed guy who thinks we should give young kids the benefit of the doubt. But he always comes across to me (from afar) as being way more about "Greg" than "Ole Miss". It is kind of like when T.O gets P.O.d when he doesn't get the ball (even if his team wins)...

But that is just perception. if you guys with inside info say otherwise, I'll take your word for it. He certainly has a presence on the field.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

USCrebel wrote:
rrlynch wrote:USC, since Hardy has a bum foot and hasn't seen much playing time this season, is he considering coming back next season? If you haven't heard anything that's alright.
He'll be back.
Yes, but will he be BACK? Will he get off his d*** high horse and go to work?
Some Random Dude
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

lewindha wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
He'll be back.
He has been good to me so far. He got that sack vs Bama and was on the field and he was hobbled bad. Yall need to quit bashing this guy. Sure, he has an attitude problem, but he has gotten it done this year being hurt.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BigTrev34 wrote:
lewindha wrote:
USCrebel wrote: He'll be back.
He has been good to me so far. He got that sack vs Bama and was on the field and he was hobbled bad. Yall need to quit bashing this guy. Sure, he has an attitude problem, but he has gotten it done this year being hurt.
I can promise you that Greg doesn't have an attitude problem... he is misunderstood... but bash away if you must... he really is a good kid.
Later,
Hagar
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:
lewindha wrote: Yes, but will he be BACK? Will he get off his d*** high horse and go to work?
I can promise you that Greg doesn't have an attitude problem... he is misunderstood... but bash away if you must... he really is a good kid.
You've had conversations with him, haven't you Hagar?
GO REBELS!!!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

oxfordrebel wrote:
Hagar wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote: He has been good to me so far. He got that sack vs Bama and was on the field and he was hobbled bad. Yall need to quit bashing this guy. Sure, he has an attitude problem, but he has gotten it done this year being hurt.
You've had conversations with him, haven't you Hagar?
actually, I see him and talk to him after every home game. It isn't hard from my vantage point... I talk to almost every one of them after every game. I learned to like him and Dexter both before they were our "Heroes". Both of those kids would come up to me after every game and say "How did we do today"...and actually, for what it is worth, I told Greg after the bama game he played so well in that he should get SEC player of the week for his role...and he did just that... and he remembers it to this day. Most people just don't realize that these guys are just kids not Veteran NFL players. All of them have different ways of deflecting peer pressure and Greg just chooses the "loner" path... whatever keeps him out of trouble. Football isn't his own interest...it may be where he gets his paycheck from in the future but it isn't his only interest. Folks should jsut lighten up on him... he is gonna be fine.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

USCrebel wrote:
He'll be back.
Heard the same ting. He knows his draft stock isn't high this year, and a senior season WITHOUT injury could put him close to the top pick next year.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food