Classic Jack Cristal!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

From Friday's Egg Bowl broadcast...

"Ole Miss just scored and we don't know who scored because No. 85 (Bradley Sowell) isn't listed on their roster. But" Jack said, "It's academic at this point."

After an MSU holding call, "Well, if you can't block 'em, hold 'em!" -Cristil

"One can only hope so, Jack." - John Correro

Jack just said "It's third down and so long, you will need surveying equipment to see how much is needed for a first down."

"There are only 45 seconds left. Maybe Ole Miss wont score another touchdown. In the 1st quarter that is." - Cristil

"Coming up on the end of the quarter. The third quarter, that is. We've still got another one to play. At the end of the third quarter, Ole Miss barely out in front, 38-0." - Cristil

"Ole Miss has punted once today for a grand total of 12 yards. They ought to improve on that with this next punt." - Cristil (Laughter in the background as he was saying it).

"Let's punt it again. McAdams has to punt it a lot in his final game as a Bulldog." - Cristil

"For the record both teams have all of their timeouts left. So, that ought to make it fun." - Cristil

"Well, what do you know. The Rebels have put a couple of backup linemen in the game." - Cristil

"Mercifully, the clock continues to run." - Cristil

"About 3 minutes left, many fans have long been gone. In fact, some of them are probably already home by now." - Cristil

"Chris Relf can throw it long. He cannot throw it accurately, but he can throw it long." - Cristil

"Well, that's only a loss of 9 there. So, it's only third and 19." - Cristil

"A great many of the 55,000 fans have left the game now (45-0), they might even be home now watching on TV." - Cristil

"It's 4th down and 24 yards to go, this ought to dictate a punt right now." - Cristil

"Well, the Bulldogs take a delay of game. That backs up to their 4 where it will be fourth and 31. We just wanted to give McAdams plenty of room to kick the ball because he has such a powerful leg." - Cristil

"That's it. Ballgame over. Ole Miss noses out Mississippi State, 45-0." = Cristil

"Sonic drive of the game....My drive home to Tupelo, Mississippi, I guarantee you that is my drive of the game." -Cristil Then he procedes to give his home address.

Yo gotta love the man... can you imagine how many games this man has announced for MSU, considering how many MSU has lost over the years? He obviously has a heart of gold.
Later,
Hagar
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I think my favorite were in the loss to Maine. I was working a security job that night, while I was going to college.

He was going nuts. "were down by__ points with 12 seconds left and he's fair catching a punt on the 19 yard line?"

I swear he sounded like Harry Doyle in that game.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

JoeRebel wrote:I think my favorite were in the loss to Maine. I was working a security job that night, while I was going to college.

He was going nuts. "were down by__ points with 12 seconds left and he's fair catching a punt on the 19 yard line?"

I swear he sounded like Harry Doyle in that game.
Never heard of this guy but he is Harry Doyle. Juuuuust a bit Outside
cajunrebel

"A great many of the 55,000 fans have left the game now (45-0), they might even be home now watching on TV." - Cristil

I love that line. I needed that laugh.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

BigTrev34 wrote:
JoeRebel wrote:
Never heard of this guy but he is Harry Doyle. Juuuuust a bit Outside
Cristil's a legend at State. He's known for his 'Wrap this one in Maroon and White' call when they win.

He can also be critical of MSU players and a little sarcastic at times. Listen to the McAdams Punt from the UAB game below.

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/1616
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Redbluedude wrote: Cristil's a legend at State. He's known for his 'Wrap this one in Maroon and White' call when they win.
He hadn't said that in a while, then, huh? :twisted:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

RebelConvert wrote:
Redbluedude wrote: Cristil's a legend at State. He's known for his 'Wrap this one in Maroon and White' call when they win.
He hadn't said that in a while, then, huh? :twisted:
It's been so long, I think he's forgotten it.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

[quote="Hagar"]From Friday's Egg Bowl broadcast...

"Ole Miss just scored and we don't know who scored because No. 85 (Bradley Sowell) isn't listed on their roster. But" Jack said, "It's academic at this point."

After an MSU holding call, "Well, if you can't block 'em, hold 'em!" -Cristil

Jack just said "It's third down and so long, you will need surveying equipment to see how much is needed for a first down."

"There are only 45 seconds left. Maybe Ole Miss wont score another touchdown. In the 1st quarter that is." - Cristil

"Coming up on the end of the quarter. The third quarter, that is. We've still got another one to play. At the end of the third quarter, Ole Miss barely out in front, 38-0." - Cristil

"Ole Miss has punted once today for a grand total of 12 yards. They ought to improve on that with this next punt." - Cristil (Laughter in the background as he was saying it).

"Let's punt it again. McAdams has to punt it a lot in his final game as a Bulldog." - Cristil

"For the record both teams have all of their timeouts left. So, that ought to make it fun." - Cristil

"Well, what do you know. The Rebels have put a couple of backup linemen in the game." - Cristil

"Mercifully, the clock continues to run." - Cristil

"About 3 minutes left, many fans have long been gone. In fact, some of them are probably already home by now." - Cristil

"Chris Relf can throw it long. He cannot throw it accurately, but he can throw it long." - Cristil

"Well, that's only a loss of 9 there. So, it's only third and 19." - Cristil

"It's 4th down and 24 yards to go, this ought to dictate a punt right now." - Cristil

"Well, the Bulldogs take a delay of game. That backs up to their 4 where it will be fourth and 31. We just wanted to give McAdams plenty of room to kick the ball because he has such a powerful leg." - Cristil

"That's it. Ballgame over. Ole Miss noses out Mississippi State, 45-0." = Cristil

"Sonic drive of the game....My drive home to Tupelo, Mississippi, I guarantee you that is my drive of the game." -Cristil Then he procedes to give his home address.

Yo gotta love the man... can you imagine how many games this man has announced for MSU, considering how many MSU has lost over the years? He obviously has a heart of gold.[/quote]

These are great.... and this guy is the State announcer??? I wonder what he says when he's talking about a team to which he owes no allegiance!