TT what a bunch of punk losers

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Way to go Rebs, Hopefully next year we will get a real football team.
unclereb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

An a$$ whipping like that couldnt of happened to a more deserving bunch. :twisted:
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Man it feels so good
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Agreed. They were even worse in person. Stadium began to empty early in the 4th. Very poor sports. And to think, they didn't wanna play lowly little Ole Miss.
Reformed_Hog
Water Boy
Water Boy

if someone can post a link to a video from the end of the game I would love it, I forgot to DVR the progam after the game. Still had 4 min left and the dvr cut off
In Round 1 of the SEC vs. the Big 12, now known nationally as the Flag Football League, Texas Tech did nothing against Ole Miss to dispel the national perception that Big 12 teams couldn't stop their mail, much less an ambulatory offense.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BeeeDeee wrote:Agreed. They were even worse in person. Stadium began to empty early in the 4th. Very poor sports. And to think, they didn't wanna play lowly little Ole Miss.
BD, I'm serious, I want a detailed post whenever you get the time. Let us know how pitiful these fans were. It'd make us all smile and you know it.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I was posting that earlier while sitting in Chili's in Ennis, TX on the way home from the game. Now that I'm safely back in Houston, lemme give you the lowdown on my experience:

We had really good seats in Sec 106, 50 yard line about 60 rows up. I was very pleased. The way they divided the seats up though, we were around a LOT of TT fans.

About 5 minutes before kickoff, an obnoxious TT fan came up next to me and said, "Move over, bub, you're in my seat". He apparently couldn't read, because when I asked to see his ticket, whaddya know? He was in the next seat over. He then proceeded to yell their little "Raider - Power" chant over and over and over and looked at me with his S&%T eating grin and said, "I'm gonna get loud and in your face, but don't worry, you'll be leaving before the half because it'll be a blowout". He wound up leaving before the second half of the 4th quarter.

The TT fans behind us proceeded immediately as the game started to talk smack like, "Hey, it's called a forward pass. The SEC should try it sometime". They shut up when the halftime stats showed that we dominated them in EVERY statistic other than Yards and Points/INT. And that was only because the one INT they had went back 45 yards for 6 points while ours only went 13 yards and took a few more plays for the points. We had, if I recall, 90+ more yards than them in the first half. Toward the end of the game, I turned politely to the guy and asked him, "How do you spell that forward pass thing again? I think I'll have to tell Jevan about it".

The TT fans in front of us kept on and on and on about how Jevan "Couldn't hack it in the Big 12" and had to go to Ole Miss. They got really quiet when he started picking them apart. They wouldn't even acknowledge me talking to them by the time the 3rd quarter was over.

Oddly enough, I couldn't get any of them to do their "Raider - Power" chant with me near the end of the game. Wonder why that was?

One of them actually told me that the "Raider Nation" was ticked that they were playing a team with 4 losses instead of someone like UGA. They wanted UGA to come to the Cotton instead of Ole Miss because they wanted more competition. He just rolled his eyes when I asked him if he still wanted to play UGA and get some "more competition".

Overall, they were very loud and EXTREMELY cocky. I can see why both A&M and UT fans hate them.

They kept talking about how they KILLED us in 2003. If I recall, the final score in that game was something like 49-56 and that last score was with like :25 left in the game. I know they threw the ball all over us, but one last minute score doesn't a beat down make, in my opinion.

I actually kinda found myself rooting for TT during the season, when they played UT and OU. No more though. If they lose all their games, it'll be fine with me. Their fans weren't quite as obnoxious as LSU or as cocky as Bama fans, but they're working toward it.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

I think the 2003 score was 49-45 with Taye Biddle dropping a sure touchdown pass late in the game. However, I agree, the fans were terrible. A guy next to me that lives in Dallas said TT has a huge inferiority complex which leads to all this hostility toward everyone. I found that hilarious. His perspective is that it is not that the offenses in the Big 12 are that good but that the defenses are that bad.
I just got back home from Dallas. I have no voice. Stated to the end and loved every minute of it. It was awesome!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We were about seven rows in front of BeeDee and I will testify to his account of the day. The one that got me was after they went up 14-0 the Raider behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said “that’s the way we do it in the big twelve”. Incidentally this was the same guy in the second quarter who loudly was announcing to everyone how backasswards, red necked, and intolerant Mississippi was, I finally turned around and said really dude, you need to shut the F*** up. He kind of gave a wry smile and promptly shut the f*** up (well at least talking about Mississippi). There was an older gentleman (Raider fan) who thanked me later for saying something and apologized. I told him don’t sink yourself to his level by apologize for that scumbag.

With LSux and Bummer fans at least we have a long tradition of hatred; these people were just insecure cocky douches in my opinion.

They could definitely dish it out but they sure couldn’t take it!
Randy
TTUbound
Water Boy
Water Boy

ugh...tech really embarrasses me sometimes

seriously we're not all like that, and unfortunately it only takes a few guys to make us look like complete jerks

I've told ttu fans to stfu a few times myself..and I'm a die hard ttu fan

I'm really sorry some of y'all had to go through that, god that *beep* me off.

Anyway, grats on that win. I know it means something really special to Ole' Miss so enjoy it, maybe you guys can have a shot at a BCS title next year, it'd be really nice to see a new SEC team in the runnin'.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Every school has its obnoxious ones, so TT is not alone.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

RichmondVAReb wrote:Every school has its obnoxious ones, so TT is not alone.
Look no further than our student section.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

during the game at halftime I had to go into ememy territory to the atm and I couldn't help but hear most of them talking about how they couldn't believe Ole Miss was "hanging with them close".

They didn't think we had any business in that game. It was sweet in the end. The "over rated" chant must have made them feel real good at the end. :lol:
Rule #1.......Don't panik
TTUbound
Water Boy
Water Boy

badmotorfinger wrote:during the game at halftime I had to go into ememy territory to the atm and I couldn't help but hear most of them talking about how they couldn't believe Ole Miss was "hanging with them close".

They didn't think we had any business in that game. It was sweet in the end. The "over rated" chant must have made them feel real good at the end. :lol:
It's ok, we got it at the OU game and the Baylor game as well haha, it sucks to hear but we're used to it.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://texastech.scout.com

Check out their forums. If you'll go back a few weeks, all they did was talk garbage about Ole Miss, Mississippians, Rebel fans in general, etc but now that we're talking some victory smack they're telling us that we're being classless.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.