Hargrave Military Academy

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

We have had quite a few of players from Hargrave over the years, and I happened to run across the below link to their program. The website explains that there is no loss of college eligibility if you play a year or two with Hargrave, and a schedule from 2007 is shown at the bottom of the initial page (a schedule that includes Navy, Tennessee and other teams). It appears that Hargrave only lost one game in 2007.

These must be freshman teams from Tennessee, etc. that they are playing because I don't remember Tennessee ever playing Hargrave as far as sports reporting news reports go. Anyone know what sort of teams Hargrave plays?

Check out the website in more detail, and you'll see a lot of their alums are in the pros right now. I am really impressed. They must have a whale of a good team every year to have produced players such as both of our Jerrys, Powe, Enrique Davis and all those NFL pros. What is the story on this school?

http://www.hargrave.edu/athletics/sport ... gory_id=18
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

RichmondVAReb wrote:We have had quite a few of players from Hargrave over the years, and I happened to run across the below link to their program. The website explains that there is no loss of college eligibility if you play a year or two with Hargrave, and a schedule from 2007 is shown at the bottom of the initial page (a schedule that includes Navy, Tennessee and other teams). It appears that Hargrave only lost one game in 2007.

These must be freshman teams from Tennessee, etc. that they are playing because I don't remember Tennessee ever playing Hargrave as far as sports reporting news reports go. Anyone know what sort of teams Hargrave plays?

Check out the website in more detail, and you'll see a lot of their alums are in the pros right now. I am really impressed. They must have a whale of a good team every year to have produced players such as both of our Jerrys, Powe, Enrique Davis and all those NFL pros. What is the story on this school?

http://www.hargrave.edu/athletics/sport ... gory_id=18
It's a military school that is not a part of the NCAA. Since it's not part of the NCAA, being enrolled there doesn't count against your eligibility. You're right in that the college teams they play are freshmen and scout teams.

And with that, my 1000th post, I must say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :sd: :shock: :smiley: :flip: :color: :color: :pasm: :pain: :hydro: :light: :poed: :smash: :smash: :rock: :mad2: :wow: :milk: :glasses: :sure: :scratch: :oops: :oops: 8) 8) 8) 8)
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

^^^^^^^Boy. You need to get a life. STAT!^^^^^^^^^^
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
davidrobertdayii
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hopefully it can be a hot bed for guys for a long time for ole miss
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Hargrave is a military prep school that has both a traditional High School program and a non-traditional post-High School grad program. The post-grad program basically helps young men improve test scores and core curriculm scores to help better their chances of getting into college. It is not just a football factory, but b/c of its prestige and results, several big-time HS recruits that can't get into school b/c of academics go there to finish up, hence why they have such good teams year in and out. BTW, they have two football programs as well, one for the post-grads and one for the traditional HS kids.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

USCrebel wrote:^^^^^^^Boy. You need to get a life. STAT!^^^^^^^^^^
Do you think I don't know that?
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Actually Navy has a Prep School, I believe, for people who have the clout but don't quite have the curriculum part down pat.
Pythias
Water Boy
Water Boy

Was listening to the Rebs call in show tonight. They said something about Nutt's brother being the one who got the coach at Hargrave into coaching I believe. Also went on to point out the we had 7 players from that school come to Ole Miss last year. I didn't realize that right off. But it does speak highly for our future with them.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

When you hear the term "sign and place" it usually means they are on their way to Hargrave. We have been signing and placing kids there for years.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
venturahog
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

My brother went there, believe me, if you go in with problems with authority you will get cured of that QUICK! They also have every section of your day mapped out, including mandatory study time. Kind of hard to slack off in school when you have ex-Drill Instructors forcing you to do your work.

Got to watch him do the color guard flag raising ceremony, very cool. My bro used to hang out with Vidal Hazleton and others, small world.
Deltaboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pythias wrote:Was listening to the Rebs call in show tonight. They said something about Nutt's brother being the one who got the coach at Hargrave into coaching I believe. Also went on to point out the we had 7 players from that school come to Ole Miss last year. I didn't realize that right off. But it does speak highly for our future with them.

Arkansas has been getting players from Hargrave since back when Hatfield was at UA. The Nutt Brothers cast a large shadow across the South.