Kentucky Game

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

I will go ahead and compliment now...for 2 and 1/2 minutes we have actually played defense, disciplined offense and good fundamental basketball.....we will see if it lasts very long.
Last edited by done on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Go Rebels. take down Gillispie. That dumb SOB. he is the Les Miles of Col BB, without the ring.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Score?
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:I will go ahead and complement now...for 2 and 1/2 minutes we have actually played defense, disciplined offense and good fundamental basketball.....we will see if it lasts very long.
You're going to get some of our uptempo brethern all stirred up again... you know they don't like the "D" word...
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

39-37 UK at the half.
Randy
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

eight minutes to go, we are looking great on rebounds and defense. AK has got these guys ready to go. The White boys ( Terrico and Malcom) are impressive.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Great game!
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Hotty Toddy! Great Win!
HottyToddy'06
UMtiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Thanks to the effort and execution. We beat a very good and hot Kentucky team despite our injuries to key players. Props to AK for a job well done! We played defense and hit key shots. Huertas came through and the young players showed out.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Good job Rebs. Yall know Im a Cardional fan, but Ill always root for anybody against those pesky Cats.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Shows you what kind of talent we have. Next year should be good if we can keep everyone healthy.
Some Random Dude
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

felicianareb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I will go ahead and complement now...for 2 and 1/2 minutes we have actually played defense, disciplined offense and good fundamental basketball.....we will see if it lasts very long.
You're going to get some of our uptempo brethern all stirred up again... you know they don't like the "D" word...
I like the "up-tempo" approach, as I said in an earlier post, it is the Basketball World that I believe we live in.

I will never say that "D" is unimportant though. What AK had going in defense of Jodie Meeks was something that I do not believe Mr. Meeks has seen up until tonight. The commentators even made a comment to the tune of "other coaches will view film of this game to see how Ole Miss was able to shut down Meeks"

Very nice job from AK & staff, down to players, with an assist going to the folks in the stands. Very good showing all around.

Given that it takes less to have success in the game of Basketball, it would seem to me the future is close to as bright for the Rebel "round-ballers" as it is for those that play with that oblong ball.

I'll take both, with a heavy dash of Baseball included.

*Drawing hard* on a big ole cup of Kool-Aid, yeah, eff "realisim", for me me and Timbuk3 will share the sentiment that "The Future is so Bright, I gotta Wear Shades"

Hotty Toddy and thanks for listening.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Great win! I was only able to watch part of the first half but we played defense better than I've seen us play in a looooong time.

Hopefully, the coach and the players will see that solid "D" is what is going to help them win, especially this year.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I don't know if it proves anything other than a virtual home invincibility.

If anything, it just upsets me even more that they dropped 10-20 point games to lesser opponents earlier this season. Yeah, they had a lot of excuses, but this game just makes it seem like they should have been better earlier....

I'm sorry, but I'm holding them accountable.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

With a team as talented as ours, expect an upset like this every now and then; unfortunately, with the inexperience and lack of depth due to injuries, expect a blow out loss every now and then as well. My most realistic wish for the rest of the season is to hold serve at home and steal at least 1 on the road. That would be good enough for .500 in conf, which considering everything this season, would be a good (not great) accomplishment. You never know what can happen in the SEC tourney (see: GA 2008).
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'