yo. Rebs!
HottyToddy1981
Water Boy
Water Boy

Awesome win.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Good to great win by the Rebels tonight.

The upcomming schedule might say that there is a better than average shot of this team returning to the NIT this season, which is not at all bad considering injuries and AK distractions.

The offensive board play is incredible.

Good win Rebs!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Rocky Stop...HEY-OOOOOHHHH
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

That was a great game!

Deadman
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Great game.....some young guys are really coming in to their own.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I put oooooooooooooooooon.

I put on fo tennessee.

That was the loudest the pad has been in a while.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If Chris Warren recovers fully from his injury, imagine how ridiculous our backcourt is going to be next season. With Polynice back playing defense like he should and our big men finally able to get the boards, we should have legitimate scoring threats at every spot.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

The Knoxville Sentinel reported that there were about 1,000 Vol fans at the Tad Pad last night. Is this accurate?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Pretty close to it. Students only had half full section if that much. Poor turnout by students at an on campus facility. If they don';t want the space, then turn the seats into paying seats and sell them next fall to the public. Next fall it should be sold out with season tickets.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

I would agree there was a lot of orange up top.

Deadman
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

GtownRebel wrote:Pretty close to it. Students only had half full section if that much. Poor turnout by students at an on campus facility. If they don';t want the space, then turn the seats into paying seats and sell them next fall to the public. Next fall it should be sold out with season tickets.
Until this year the students have not been a problem with the Tad Pad. It's been the paying fans. There were plenty of empty seats on TV on both sides and all the game I attended the "paying" fans are usually slow to get into the game.

I don't want to open up this whole debate again, save that for the Spirit and Rivals boards, but I think it's unfair to be calling out the students when we haven't had a good weekday "paying" crowd this season.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

MtownRebel wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:Pretty close to it. Students only had half full section if that much. Poor turnout by students at an on campus facility. If they don';t want the space, then turn the seats into paying seats and sell them next fall to the public. Next fall it should be sold out with season tickets.
Until this year the students have not been a problem with the Tad Pad. It's been the paying fans. There were plenty of empty seats on TV on both sides and all the game I attended the "paying" fans are usually slow to get into the game.

I don't want to open up this whole debate again, save that for the Spirit and Rivals boards, but I think it's unfair to be calling out the students when we haven't had a good weekday "paying" crowd this season.
It's exam and paper week, and by the second half, the student section was filled to the top on a wednesday.

And we stood up the whole time... even when Bogan was playing, for goodness sakes!
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

The only big open section after half time was above the band. It was better than other weekday games I have been to this year.

Deadman
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Hold on my friend. The paying public has their support already in by buying the tickets - at least the season ticket holders. The students should be there in mass showing their support and aren't. Last year and the previous 4 years - been a ticket holder for 10 years now - the students haven't filled it up a single time if memory serves me correctly. They have cried to have a larger area and got it. Now they don't use it. And how can you not come to a game against Kentucky, Tennessee, or any SEC team for that matter regardless of when it is played? The students are already there and don't have to travel hours to get there and don't support the team.

Hey, I am talking about a few thousand students - there are 12,000 students on campus to fill a few thousand student seats and it is not being done. Yes, I am calling out the students who would rather go to the square and party instead of supporting their school. And yes, there are empty seats outside of the student section because not enough season tickets are being sold - too many to the opposing teams. But there is only a certain number of Oxford residents that will purchase them - the rest come from out of town and a mid-week game is hard to arrange to come to. I have been in both situations so I underrstand that piece. But the students not showing up can't be explained other than they don't care. If that is the case we will lose AK through no butts in the seats...pretty simple math.

Sorry to jump on this but having graduated from a basketball school, seeing this happen here is sickening. We have a great coaching staff, great players, and of the fans that turnout for the games - great fans in small numbers.This just needs to change and it starts with the students.

So have at it - I have said my peace and I move on.