Liberty

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Liberty sits down in the first 1-2-3. Henry up first gets a base hit, steals 2nd and later scores. Nice start. No outs yet.

Power just hit a 3 run JACK! 4-0 Rebs in the 1st.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
TNreb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I'd say that's exactly how we wanted to start the season.
TNreb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Now it's 4-4..... not so great.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

TNreb wrote:Now it's 4-4..... not so great.
That homer hurt. We need to get the bats going again.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Apparently Barrett needs some work on pitching with runners on base.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

More of the same from last year. Get a runner to 2nd base with NO outs, the 9, 1, and 2 batters up and they don't even move him to 3rd, much less score a run. That's horrible, pathetic. Bunt him over and get a run in.

Again, I do not have faith in our hitting philosophy.
----Calkins
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redbluedude wrote:More of the same from last year. Get a runner to 2nd base with NO outs, the 9, 1, and 2 batters up and they don't even move him to 3rd, much less score a run. That's horrible, pathetic. Bunt him over and get a run in.

hear hear
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebs Win 6-5.
----Calkins
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I only got to listen to the first hour of the game then I had a test session to conduct (what was I thinking when I scheduled that thing???)

Barrett has real potential, but he seemed to self-destruct there a little before getting back on course.

Huge HR by Power!

Hitting still needs work. Course Liberty pitched their ace, so...

Wish I had got to listen to the game, but it was the first game against a real live opponent. Mercer will tell more.
GO REBELS!!!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Redbluedude wrote:More of the same from last year. Get a runner to 2nd base with NO outs, the 9, 1, and 2 batters up and they don't even move him to 3rd, much less score a run. That's horrible, pathetic. Bunt him over and get a run in.

Kudos. Bunting is not that difficult. I simply have no idea why we don't use it. Well, I do but I will leave that for another time.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Heath
All American
All American

parrotreb wrote:

Kudos. Bunting is not that difficult. I simply have no idea why we don't use it. Well, I do but I will leave that for another time.
So let me get this straight....we score 4 runs in the 1st inning, then score only 2 more the rest of the game!?!? 8O That is not too good. Hopefully they can sacrifice a live chicken or something! (Major League reference). But then again, Bianco messes with the line-up alot during the non-conference games. They'll get it worked out.

I agree with the bunting strategy as long as the pitching can back it up.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heath wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

So let me get this straight....we score 4 runs in the 1st inning, then score only 2 more the rest of the game!?!? 8O That is not too good. Hopefully they can sacrifice a live chicken or something! (Major League reference). But then again, Bianco messes with the line-up alot during the non-conference games. They'll get it worked out.

I agree with the bunting strategy as long as the pitching can back it up.
It is game 1.

Bunting is quickly becoming a lost art.
Randy
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Bunting is lost to Bianco era only. Good teams can and do bunt, playing small ball until the big hitters come to bat is the norm for good teams. Bianco wants to play long ball all the time and his hitting coach follows what his boss says. Recruiting so many Juco's might be Bianco's cure. Juco's only last a year normally, and since we don't have a real pitching coach or a batting coaching that have demonstrated that they know whatthey are doing, it could be what Bianco resorts to in the future. Getting a HS to come in and learn anything doesn't appear to be working. Have to have ready made players in Mike's scheme.