TIED WITH SOUTH ALABAMA AFTER 10!?!?!??!?!

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

This is getting ridiculous in a hurry.

We are truly spectacular at being average.
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Only to lose 3-2 in the 10th. Nice weekend 1-2.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:Only to lose 3-2 in the 10th. Nice weekend 1-2.
Someone will find a way to say something positive about the weekend.

Ole Miss = Daytime fireworks of collegiate sports.

Edited for accuracy.
Last edited by oxpatchreb on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L. S. WHO?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:
Redbluedude wrote:Only to lose 3-2 in the 10th. Nice weekend 1-2.
Someone will find a way to say something positive about the weekend.

Ole Miss = Daytime fireworks of sports.
The only positive thing that will come out of this weekend is that we positively sucked and have a long way to go.
Some Random Dude
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

...no where to go but up?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

dgmcdowe wrote:...no where to go but up?
painful
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

What an embarrassment.

Positive spin: If Pom and Fergie would have made the trip we would have come back to Oxford 3-0

*but I doubt it*
done

Positive...it wasn't a football game we lost to Mercer or South Alabama...that would have really hurt...

The first weekend of baseball will barely be a blip on the radar by the end of what will still probably be a successful season.
Heath
All American
All American

olemissreb10 wrote:What an embarrassment.

Positive spin: If Pom and Fergie would have made the trip we would have come back to Oxford 3-0

*but I doubt it*
I guess that is why Pom didn't pitch. I was wondering about that. But the bad thing is, we only scored 2 runs on what is U.S.A.'s #3 pitcher. We made him look like Nolan freakin' Ryan.

Here's the positive spin though......get ready......Irwin did pretty well. And, the offense only had 2 K's. So, at least they are putting the ball in play.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:
olemissreb10 wrote:What an embarrassment.

*but I doubt it*
I guess that is why Pom didn't pitch. I was wondering about that. But the bad thing is, we only scored 2 runs on what is U.S.A.'s #3 pitcher. We made him look like Nolan freakin' Ryan.

Here's the positive spin though......get ready......Irwin did pretty well. And, the offense only had 2 K's. So, at least they are putting the ball in play.
Yeah, Pom and Fergie were suspended this weekend for off-season issues.

BTW, USA pitched their #2 guy today. Still, we should be able to score more than 2 off of their #1 guy any day. Still it was a Sunday game and you expect those to be low scoring affairs. It just tends to happen that way on Sundays. Today was different in that it wasn't a rubber match, but almost always when you have the rubber match between two teams it's a low scoring game unless one team is seriously outmatched.
GO REBELS!!!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The Rebs were POSITIVELY EXPOSED.......no way the #6 team in the nation loses to a Mercer or a S. Alabama; even when being down two weekend pitchers.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:The Rebs were POSITIVELY EXPOSED.......no way the #6 team in the nation loses to a Mercer or a S. Alabama; even when being down two weekend pitchers.
I agree. If we win the CWS, the Mercer loss will still look pretty bad if you ask me. But IF we did win the CWS, I could deal with it.
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Can't bunt or field a bunt...apparently we don't practice this phase of the game.

Positive spin - it is only 3 games into the season. Negative spin - #6 team in nation should never lose to these teams...it will not look good to host a regional with these 2 loses for sure.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:Can't bunt or field a bunt...apparently we don't practice this phase of the game.

Positive spin - it is only 3 games into the season. Negative spin - #6 team in nation should never lose to these teams...it will not look good to host a regional with these 2 loses for sure.
Without a doubt!!

Right now, hosting is the least of my worries. This team needs to find its identity. We need to get them settled on the group that gives us the best chance to win in all phases of the game....and, give them a chance to get hot together. Right now, they look like a group of individuals that haven't learned how to play together as a team....this goes back to coaching.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

ThunderReb wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:Can't bunt or field a bunt...apparently we don't practice this phase of the game.

Without a doubt!!

Right now, hosting is the least of my worries. This team needs to find its identity. We need to get them settled on the group that gives us the best chance to win in all phases of the game....and, give them a chance to get hot together. Right now, they look like a group of individuals that haven't learned how to play together as a team....this goes back to coaching.
It's only 3 games in. Yes, no doubt it is troubling, but there's still plenty of time to turn in a solid, yes even CWS effort this season.

Having a loss to USA is NOT an embarrassment in the end. They missed the Regionals last year, but they are a consistent Regional team that gives everyone fits every year.

Mercer, OTOH, is another story, but if we win, especially in the SEC, then the selection committee will not remember the Mercer loss come the end of the season.

But it is WWWWAAAAYYYY too early to even mention the selection committee. This team needs to bear down and whoop up on UCA for two games. Get some confidence then shock TCU and move up the polls again.
GO REBELS!!!