Buy/Sell

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

David Huertas needs an attitude check?

His respect for Kennedy and the other players has been bothering me lately. He also never passes, and if he does it's after he is tired from running around to no avail trying to create for himself.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

seems like the guy over at the Red Solo Cup agrees with you: this is his thoughts:

"Yesterday was a perfect example of Huertas and how he hurts the team. Kennedy decided to take Dahveed out early because Huertas was throwing up retarded shots. The one that did him in was a drive to the basket when he was triple teamed and threw up a circus shot that hit nothing but backboard. AK immediately went to the bench and when Huertas saw he was being taken out made sure the crowd and everyone on the court knew he was upset with AK's decision.

It's clear that AK and Huertas have a strained relationship. This isn't the first time they have got into it with each other. I think it was the UT game when they were both yelling at each other, probably because Kennedy reminded Dahveed that he has teammates."
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I think this has always been a problem with Huertas. Remember, he left Florida, remember?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

dgmcdowe wrote:I think this has always been a problem with Huertas. Remember, he left Florida, remember?
story in CL..Kennedy says it's not a problem.
cajunrebel

Buy. . .seems to be a ball hog.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Goroth

If you watched the Georgia game. You say the crap shot was in the first 2 mins of the game. AK called a timeout and chewed him out for it. After that he didn't take a shot and moved the ball around. He looked like a more controlled player on the court. It was until the 2nd half. When he hit a couple threes and got happy again.

I think he could still come around and be a good quality player for the team. I think its good to have him here. I also think hes still learning as he goes. AK just has to assert himself and show who leads this team for real.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

The cure for a ball hog is not give him the ball.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Goroth wrote:If you watched the Georgia game. You say the crap shot was in the first 2 mins of the game. AK called a timeout and chewed him out for it. After that he didn't take a shot and moved the ball around. He looked like a more controlled player on the court. It was until the 2nd half. When he hit a couple threes and got happy again.

I think he could still come around and be a good quality player for the team. I think its good to have him here. I also think hes still learning as he goes. AK just has to assert himself and show who leads this team for real.
No, Huertas got the message by having his ass put on the bench.