Errors

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

One of the most frustrating things so far this season are the ERRORS that we are committing. Since Bianco has been here, one thing that we have had was defense. Last year we saw our fielding go down and it seems to have continued to this year. Mishandled balls in the outfield, misplaying bunts and poor throws.

We have played 6 games and already have made 9 errors. That's horrible. We've only had one game of error free ball and twice we have made 3 errors in a game.

I was glad to see us make some comebacks yesterday after we had gotten behind several runs, but errors and giving up the long ball killed us. WE MUST DO BETTER DEFENSIVELY or it's going to be a verrrrrrry long season.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Yesterday the weather (especially the wind) was a major issue for fielders, so I understand some errors. But overall, yeah, too many errors. I get that it's still early and you expect more errors early in the season, but still too many thus far.

Pitching, pitching, pitching. What else can be said? We have Pom (who hasn't pitched a game yet, but will hopefully be solid today) and Bittle (who still blew the save against USA...) who are suppose to be the "go-tos" on this staff, but the bullpen is less than stellar overall. The pitching staff is definitely the weak point of this team and that's going to cost us the majority of our games this season unless it somehow turns around. It is still early and this can be a CWS team if they get some bumps smoothed out. I'm so glad to see that the hitters didn't give up and battled back to make it 10-9 late in the game yesterday. Even scored 4 more runs when the game was pretty much out of reach including a great effort in the bottom of the 9th.

This team is going to need all our support this year because it's going to be a very long season.
GO REBELS!!!
Heath
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:Yesterday the weather (especially the wind) was a major issue for fielders, so I understand some errors. But overall, yeah, too many errors. I get that it's still early and you expect more errors early in the season, but still too many thus far.

Pitching, pitching, pitching. What else can be said? We have Pom (who hasn't pitched a game yet, but will hopefully be solid today) and Bittle (who still blew the save against USA...) who are suppose to be the "go-tos" on this staff, but the bullpen is less than stellar overall. The pitching staff is definitely the weak point of this team and that's going to cost us the majority of our games this season unless it somehow turns around. It is still early and this can be a CWS team if they get some bumps smoothed out. I'm so glad to see that the hitters didn't give up and battled back to make it 10-9 late in the game yesterday. Even scored 4 more runs when the game was pretty much out of reach including a great effort in the bottom of the 9th.

This team is going to need all our support this year because it's going to be a very long season.
I agree. If this Barrett guy is going to be the Friday night starter, I think we are in trouble unless he turns is around. He allowed 5 runs (4 ER) in yesterday's game, and 4 or 5 runs against Mercer last week. I shudder to think what LSU, S. Car., State, Ark., etc. are going to do to him.

But, at least the bats have warmed up the last 3 games. 37 runs total.