Idaho no

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/2009/03/07 ... le-update/

I wonder how this is going to get spun.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
------------------

We have the most inept athletic director in the whole conference, if not the nation.

How hard is it to find a single opponent...shouldn't this have been taken care of at least a year ago???
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:We have the most inept athletic director in the whole conference, if not the nation.

How hard is it to find a single opponent...shouldn't this have been taken care of at least a year ago???
Apparently extremely hard, I don't think inept even scratches the surface.
Randy
Goroth

I thought you couldnt have two D2 teams on your schedule?
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Goroth wrote:I thought you couldnt have two D2 teams on your schedule?
Yea, only one counts towards being bowl eligible
Last edited by hottytoddyrebel on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't question my knowledge
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Boone should be forced to sit in every empty seat at this game for at least 10 seconds.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

rebelliousb wrote:Boone should be forced to sit in every empty seat at this game for at least 10 seconds.
I like it...
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Scheduling Idaho for our 12th game is a horrible choice but we waited to late to get someone else. If im not mistakin we already have a subdivision team scheduled and now we have two. This means that our strength of schedule falls and also if by chance something unexpected happens and we lose four or five games we have to automatically win 7 to go to a bowl because subdivision teams carry little weight with the selection committee.
done

jrebel87 wrote:Scheduling Idaho for our 12th game is a horrible choice but we waited to late to get someone else. If im not mistakin we already have a subdivision team scheduled and now we have two. This means that our strength of schedule falls and also if by chance something unexpected happens and we lose four or five games we have to automatically win 7 to go to a bowl because subdivision teams carry little weight with the selection committee.
While I am not thrilled with the scheduling snafu, if we only win 6 games this year, we don't deserve a bowl.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

This has been a total *beep* up by the AD's Department. ESPN got us to change the schedule so they could show South Carolina and us on a Thursday night. We were working on a deal for a televised game (ESPN) with TCU, while Clemson was working with Idaho.

Guess what, our AD was out bid for TCU by Clemson.

Then, we were too cheap for Idaho. They are going somewhere else.

This all goes back to "Hamburger" Boone!!!
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

I am dumbfounded by this how does this happen? The ineptitude of this administration never ceases to amaze me. I really am at a loss for words that we have to have 2 1-AA teams on the schedule.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

They are in the Wac or something now.
But still...