Vermont series

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Heath
All American
All American

Well, the boys are definitely hitting the ball well. They have scored over 65 runs in the last 5 games. However, I am still worried about the pitching when it comes to the weekend rotation. This is the last weekend for non-con games, so i guess we will REALLY find out what we have next weekend.

They have also only made 4 errors in the last 3 games. That is not bad either. I think we need to realize in SEC play, 1 E can win or lose a game. 1 E against a team that you can overpower is not that big of a deal.

They seem to be on the right path though. At least lately we are not getting beat by these bush league teams.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Pitching is fine. The Bullpen is very solid and Pom/Irwin are great for the rest of the week. AB is not a friday starter. I don't care about the baseball gods or whatever Bianco said his problem was. I am glad that he said they were going to look into the position though.

I know Bittle is a reliever and that's what he is suited for at the next level, but.....
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I, For one, like Bittle right where he is...closing.
Pom looked good yesterday minus one lousy pitch. Seems to me like some of our pitchers haven't learned location yet. When the pitch is relayed to Bash and signalled in, they seem to just throw it instead of focusing on the "strike sector" or location of where the pitch needs to be. That's coaching and I haven't seen it thus far. Otherwise, I think this team can peak here pretty soon into SEC play and do some damage in the west.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:I, For one, like Bittle right where he is...closing.
Pom looked good yesterday minus one lousy pitch. Seems to me like some of our pitchers haven't learned location yet. When the pitch is relayed to Bash and signalled in, they seem to just throw it instead of focusing on the "strike sector" or location of where the pitch needs to be. That's coaching and I haven't seen it thus far. Otherwise, I think this team can peak here pretty soon into SEC play and do some damage in the west.
Me too. Bittle needs to win two for us every weekend.
Heath
All American
All American

Irwin did a good job today. 6.2 IP and only gave up 2 runs, only 1 earned run. Not too bad. It is 3-2 in the 8th inning now. Some insurance runs wouldn't hurt in the bottom of the 8th.

Hopefully Bittle can come in and save this one.
Heath
All American
All American

hell yes!! 3 K's in a row for Bittle to close it out. They just can't seem hit "The Thing".