Basketball interest

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

Let's see...we lose a riveting 2 point basketball game to our in-state rival before 9,000 plus fans in the Tad Pad and there is not one post on here about it...

Is Ole Miss basketball becoming irrelevant?
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

This has been a tough season for the basketball team and its fans... Hell after Gaskins, EP, and Warren went down I wasn't expecting much. However we put ourselves in a position to be in the conversation for post season play, which says a lot for our team. I think a lot of people lost interest in this team after Warren went down in the Louisville game.

Anyone going to tampa?
don't question my knowledge
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Maybe if we had won.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I haven't lost any interest in the Ole Miss basketball program. I may be more apathetic when it comes to losses in this team though.

I don't think a lack of posting is because we think Ole Miss basketball is irrelevant, but more that there is a lack of basketball fans on this board. If you saw the game you know why we lost. There's nothing really to complain about so I think people are just leaving it alone.
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

MtownRebel wrote:I haven't lost any interest in the Ole Miss basketball program. I may be more apathetic when it comes to losses in this team though.

I don't think a lack of posting is because we think Ole Miss basketball is irrelevant, but more that there is a lack of basketball fans on this board. If you saw the game you know why we lost. There's nothing really to complain about so I think people are just leaving it alone.
Im going to kill you
don't question my knowledge
Chucky_38
All American
All American

It makes sick to think about it. We should not have lost yet another home court game. Especially to a team we handled earlier. It makes me absolutely sick.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Chucky_38 wrote:It makes sick to think about it. We should not have lost yet another home court game. Especially to a team we handled earlier. It makes me absolutely sick.
Huertas didn't play the second half, Terrico was battling foul problems the whole game, we don't have a bench right now...really, what did you expect?

We were in a game we probably shouldn't have been, led most of the second half and would have won if DH wasn't hurt. It wasn't even a matter of DH providing that much more offense more so than him be able to spell Graham/White.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Of course I was at the game as always, and this was one of those weird ones where you didn't feel like you should have lost or that your team let you down or that they played bad. It was more of what State did--1) hit 3's from 26/27 ft with people in face at clutch times, 2) made free throws with 9000 people screaming and the game in the balance.

The Rebs played hard, really hard and that makes you feel good. Malcolm White had his game of the year. His and Graham's improvements make you feel even better about next year.

If the pieces come together, or the team "gels" like many like to say, then next year is going to be special.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I just don't understand being able to beat that same team in Starkville with 10,000 screaming at our guys but losing to that same team with 9,000 screaming at them.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Let's see...we lose a riveting 2 point basketball game to our in-state rival before 9,000 plus fans in the Tad Pad and there is not one post on here about it...

I think it's more that college basketball(or basketball in general) is becoming irrelevant to me.
Some Random Dude
done

lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Let's see...we lose a riveting 2 point basketball game to our in-state rival before 9,000 plus fans in the Tad Pad and there is not one post on here about it...

I think it's more that college basketball(or basketball in general) is becoming irrelevant to me.
Me too, Eric, but I respect MTown and the others on here that still love it and I was just trying to get them talking about it.

I know how much it means to them because I used to feel exactly the same way.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
lewindha wrote:

Me too, Eric, but I respect MTown and the others on here that still love it and I was just trying to get them talking about it.

I know how much it means to them because I used to feel exactly the same way.
I used to love watching the Rebels, too. I can't put my finger on exactly what happened to make me just not enjoy watching basketball period.
Some Random Dude
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Winning football is what happened. While I still love watching the Rebels on the hardcourt and am really excited about the potential for next season, I find myself looking past the hard court losses to next fall.

I'm sure interest will be back to where it was around last January next year.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:Winning football is what happened. While I still love watching the Rebels on the hardcourt and am really excited about the potential for next season, I find myself looking past the hard court losses to next fall.

I'm sure interest will be back to where it was around last January next year.
No I haven't paid close attention to basketball for several years now.
Some Random Dude
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I love college basketball.

"It is awesome baaaabbbbbyyyy"

I am more than likely a minority here, but, I believe the Ole Miss basketball program will/can do so much more than the football program could ever do.

With the parity in college these days (and yeah, sorry, short-shorts wearing basketball purists), Ole Miss has a much better shot at making waves Nationally by way of the 'round ball' as opposed to the oblong ball. Akin to the Baseball success, I think.

AK is the real deal, buy into his system or not.

I think that as bright as the gridiron situation might be going into the upcoming season, the beacon that is Rebel Basketball shines that much brighter.

I like the new up-tempo style of play in today's game and look forward to Ole Miss having the talent to make it work.

This season is bonus time.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson