Starting rotation aside...

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

no one's talking about the fact that we enter SEC play this weekend on a 6 game winning streak. This makes me feel pretty good right now. There are 4 teams ranked above us in the top 25 that have as many or more losses right now. I know ours were against not-so-good teams, but it looks as though we may have bounced back.

This weekend will go a long way in telling us where our team is at. A series win puts at 11-4 or 12-3. Either way, we'd be looking pretty good with a series win this weekend.

You guys hold it down this weekend and next week. I'm heading to Belize on Saturday for a week's vacation.
Some Random Dude
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Winning this series AT Vandy would mean that our team is better than they've shown. Vandy's on the same approximate level as the Rebels; however I expect Vandy to win the series given the home field advantage. I think Pom buys us a win on Saturday.

I'm optimistic though. I expect Vandy to win the series 2-1, but a Rebel series win (or even sweep) is a possibility. I wouldn't be shocked at all by that either. I think the Friday game is going to be pivotal in this series. But Friday is always pivotal. While I have no stats to back this thought up, I just can't help but feel that any time you win the Friday game you have a 70% chance of winning the series against an equal or even slightly better team.
GO REBELS!!!
done

Because I am not an avid college baseball fan I don't get too caught up with things that happen in early Marrch...but I do trust Bianco. He has earned that trust.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:Winning this series AT Vandy would mean that our team is better than they've shown. Vandy's on the same approximate level as the Rebels; however I expect Vandy to win the series given the home field advantage. I think Pom buys us a win on Saturday.

I'm optimistic though. I expect Vandy to win the series 2-1, but a Rebel series win (or even sweep) is a possibility. I wouldn't be shocked at all by that either. I think the Friday game is going to be pivotal in this series. But Friday is always pivotal. While I have no stats to back this thought up, I just can't help but feel that any time you win the Friday game you have a 70% chance of winning the series against an equal or even slightly better team.
Our recent performance in Super Regional play seems to prove otherwise.

I remember feeling very good that we had won convincingly on each Friday of our last SR appearances and then come Sunday, wondering how the hell we lost the series...
L. S. WHO?