I cant believe memphis thinks they will beat us!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I was just checking out a memphis message board and about 60% of the people on there were saying that since memphis is picked to win c-usa and we are picked to contend for the sec(like in 03 when we lost the opener to memphis) and that its nationally televised means that they will upset us! If we lost to that insignificant team our season would de-rail fast but our talent alone should guarantee a win against them. I am a little timid though cause besides last year they always seem to be motivated against us. We have a new coach now and coach nutt is notorius for beating teams hes supposed to beat so we should kill memphis but the point is they are very obnoxious about this game ( they've always hated us because eveything from academics to sports is better then the memphis)
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

We Will KICK the tiggers BUTTS! No Prob. Guaranteed.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I havent seen anything that says Memphis will win CUSA or even finish in the top 3.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Memphis State facsimile, er . wait. I mean University of Memphissippi authenticated news release. I'm sure it will be on ESPN soon.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

olemissreb10 wrote:I havent seen anything that says Memphis will win CUSA or even finish in the top 3.
Their beat writer, Phil Stukeburg, said they were going to win the East. They are terrible and do not ever go to memphistigers.org. It is a site on the same level as Hogville and took a year of my life, I was actually banned from that board for being reasonable.
------------------

I went there after the game date change was announced, and i was extremely surprised that the majority were in agreement that we were going to kick their butts.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I believe that we will win, and we better.

But, this is a "sleeper" contest that could make us stumble. Same as USCar. We get through those games, I say we go undeafeated.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
------------------

This game could very well set the tone for the whole season. If we give Memphis a good, old-fashioned butt-whipping, I think it will give this team an edge going into the rest of the season.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Memphis always thinks they are going to win against us. They do tend to give us more trouble than they should. They have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to Ole Miss. Their coach, Tommy West, has lobbied for the Ole Miss job on more than one occasion only to not receive serious consideration.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Their coach, Tommy West, has lobbied for the Ole Miss job on more than one occasion only to not receive serious consideration.
Nor should he.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

On paper we should win. In reality the players have to come to play as a team. The coaches have to prepare them to be able to execute the plays and be successful. The prob with Memphis is they prepare for this game like it is their last.
Memphis recruited some nice jucos this year and will be a much more talented team than last year.
How many times have we had the much better team only to scratch out a last second win? Memphis will bring their best so we had better be prepared.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Remember the Rebel team which lost to Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina? Yeah, that's basically the same team that hung 40 on Memphis. I'm not worried. They will not be able to keep us from scoring.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Even Coach O beat Memphis. Give me a break.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I'd hate to have to put THAT on my resume!
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

A10Rebel wrote:Even Coach O beat Memphis. Give me a break.
Wow. That is bad