lsu, missed opportunities

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Missed opportunities defined this series lost to lswho. On saturday with bases loaded our batter swung on a pitch that would walked a runner home to tie it and then who knows what would of happened. And today, gah where do I begin, Bittle played great and we took him out even though he could have gone through the 8th probably. We just shot ourselves in the foot but I'll say exactly what I said to my lsufan roommate, we took lswhos best shot and still could have won both games. If we just get our hitting to knock up a notch we'll be fine but we still again lost a series to lsu when we shoulda coulda won.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

That is life as a Rebel my friend.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:That is life as a Rebel my friend.
And I have lived that life since USM upset the Rebels when Archie was the QB.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
I raise my glass to you sir!
Randy
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

rewalters wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
I raise my glass to you sir!
And it's attitudes like that which continue to hurt our fan base and national perception.

Being a Rebel fan does not condemn us to losing. Pick your heads up and look forward. Rebel football and baseball have bright futures and this is a baseball team that still has every shot in the world at getting to the CWS and even hosting a Regional. Heck, a SR hosting spot is still a possibility. In fact, if the guys win (not necessarily sweep, but just win) every other SEC weekend, and they have the ability to do it with 3 strong arms in the weekend rotation, they will make a really strong case to being a national seed.
GO REBELS!!!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

hey man, just saying...if you gonna be a Rebel...it's comes with good , bad, AND ugly.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebelliousb wrote:hey man, just saying...if you gonna be a Rebel...it's comes with good , bad, AND ugly.
Sometimes all of that comes in the same game, maybe in even half, if you remember a certain football game during the 89 season in Jackson.

I think I want to go play in traffic just for remembering that asswhipping.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:hey man, just saying...if you gonna be a Rebel...it's comes with good , bad, AND ugly.
Sometimes all of that comes in the same game, maybe in even half, if you remember a certain football game during the 89 season in Jackson.

Bama?
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebelliousb wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

Bama?
si. 21-0 to 48 or 49-21 and final 62-28.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

parrotreb wrote:

Ouch! You had to bring that up? I was there. A day that started with so much promise only to end so ugly.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

parrotreb wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
parrotreb wrote: Sometimes all of that comes in the same game, maybe in even half, if you remember a certain football game during the 89 season in Jackson.

Bama?
si. 21-0 to 48 or 49-21 and final 62-28.
I think it was 62-27. Didn't Brewer go for two or the point was missed. I can't remember. I was sufficiently intoxicated by that time.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

parrotreb wrote:

Very excruciating to relive.

Deadman
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Remember it well. i had a bunch of LSU fans ribbing me during the game as i was partying in Monroe that weekend.