HUGE Weekend

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

The Rebels are on an 8 game winning streak! SC comes to town this weekend and they are struggling a little right now. We're tied with LSU for 2nd in the West and tied with both LSU and UGA for second in the SEC. Arkansas has a 2 game lead on EVERYBODY and just swept a 2 game mid-week series against ASU who is (was) the #1 team in the nation in 3 of the 4 polls. BTW, the #1 in the other poll is Arkansas.

This weekend is a monster. LSU goes to Bama who could actually take two from the Tigers if they catch the cats sleeping in T-town. Arkansas is going to sweep Vandy in Fayettenam, I have no doubt about that. So the Rebels MUST sweep SC to prevent falling further behind the pigs and potentially take sole possession of 2nd in the West and possibly the entire SEC (UGA goes to Lexington this weekend).

This is a huge weekend and the Rebels need a sweep. They can do it, but will they?
GO REBELS!!!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Sucks that a lot of students won't be here for Easter (including me)...

Someone scream "Throw it in the dirt" a little louder for me...And if you're in the outfield, have a beer for me too.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Agreed Oxford, after this weekend if the Rebs haven't taken care of business, there is a good chance the dye will have been cast.
Randy
Hog_Corleone
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Last night was an awesome game between ARK and AZ State. The crowd was huge 11,000 plus, for a midweek, wednesday night game. Electric. I heard that Tuesday's crowd was 6,200, but then later heard 8,500, so I really don't know that one.

I know OM has a great gameday atmosphere for baseball, but I really hope some of you guys could make the trip to Fayetteville for the series in May. Hopefully you guys will pull ahead of LSU, and we can stay on our winning ways, and make this series mean something to the winner.

BY the way, alcohol is allowed to be brought into the stadium in coolers, but only in the outfield general admission area, and you need to bring a cup. There are a few first come first serve portable type bleachers out there, but it is mainly a tailgate area.

Good times
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.