This is unacceptable for our baseball team!

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We really blew it this weekend. We came into this series with a 8 game winning streak and a chance to move past arkansas and lsu to claim first in the west and then we took a dump on the field. Now we will be lucky to even salvage the final game on sunday( a meaningless game that even if we win won't mean much). Oh and lsu is probably going to beat alabama again so if we get lucky and win tomorrow we will be 2 games behing 2nd in the division. This series loss told me alot about the rebels.... I really hope they were tired or overlooking sc because otherwise this may be bad for future games. We now have to basically win all but maybe 1 or 2 of our final series and make a run in the tourney to guarantee a regional.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Eh...its pretty normal for us. We ALWAYS lose a series at home to an inferior team. I am always hoping we will be the real deal. An honest to goodness GREAT squad who beats everyone at home and most on the road. But we havent' been since I have been following Ole Miss baseball and we aren't this year. We will win a couple in the SEC Tourney, win a couple in a regional and fade away. Another consistent top 20 season though.

At least we aren't MState fans. The puppies are awful this year.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This team is what it is, it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t win tomorrow beat State then sweep Florida at home. That what just amplify what a pitiful effort this team has ran out there the last two days.

I had hoped for better, but I knew not to expect it.

Oh yeah, Arkansas lost again and LSUX is losing through seven, just keep twisting that knife, oh what could have been!
Randy
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I'm only 21 now but when I was 12 a 50 year old rebel fan told me "Jon there will be days when being a rebel is great but son you better get used to the heartache!" Maybe our football team will get us to the promised land....
Heath
All American
All American

Well, guys, I think the SEC in baseball is like the SEC in football. All the teams are pretty darn good, and, if a superior team doesn't have their "A" game one weekend, then the inferior team is good enough to beat them.

I think Ole Miss and Arkansas are 2 examples this weekend. Arky, who normally scores many runs per game, has scored 4 runs total in 2 games against Vandy. And this comes after SWEEPING the number 1 team in the nation (Ariz. State) this week. SO, relax guys. I think we have some good weekend pitchers and some guys who normally hit the ball really well and I think we will go to at least Super Regionals this year.
Heath
All American
All American

See guys. If you look at the big picture, that is 9 wins in the last 11 games. Not too shabby. And another beauty today by Bittle and Morgan.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:Well, guys, I think the SEC in baseball is like the SEC in football. All the teams are pretty darn good, and, if a superior team doesn't have their "A" game one weekend, then the inferior team is good enough to beat them.

I think Ole Miss and Arkansas are 2 examples this weekend. Arky, who normally scores many runs per game, has scored 4 runs total in 2 games against Vandy. And this comes after SWEEPING the number 1 team in the nation (Ariz. State) this week. SO, relax guys. I think we have some good weekend pitchers and some guys who normally hit the ball really well and I think we will go to at least Super Regionals this year.
Exactly! It's disappointing, but it's NOT the end of the season by any means. Yeah, it was a golden opportunity squandered, but whatchagonnado?

You come out and play hard Tuesday in Perl and try to take the series against UF this weekend. The silver lining in all this is that Arky lost their series and LSU didn't sweep. That keeps us in the race for the West. If I did this right that will put us 1 game behind LSU (leading the West) and 1/2 a game behind Arkansas (who didn't play on Sunday). Ole Miss and UF will come into next weekend with a tied conference record.

Long story short, put this weekend behind and fight forward. There's still a showdown waiting in Fayetteville at the end of the season. The plan right now should be to try to move up or at the least not lose ground and look toward that series. This is a Super Regional team even if not hosting it.
GO REBELS!!!
Heath
All American
All American

According to the SEC website, we are 1 1/2 games behind Arky and 1 game behind LSU. LSU and Arky each have 10 wins, but Arky only has 4 losses and LSU has 5.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:According to the SEC website, we are 1 1/2 games behind Arky and 1 game behind LSU. LSU and Arky each have 10 wins, but Arky only has 4 losses and LSU has 5.
I was working off of a partially updated standings list on the SEC website the other day.
GO REBELS!!!
Heath
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:
Heath wrote:According to the SEC website, we are 1 1/2 games behind Arky and 1 game behind LSU. LSU and Arky each have 10 wins, but Arky only has 4 losses and LSU has 5.
I was working off of a partially updated standings list on the SEC website the other day.
Just don't let it happen again. We can't have incorrect information going around this board, like who is 1 game in front of who, and in reality it is 1.5 games!! :lol: Just messin' with ya'.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
Just don't let it happen again. We can't have incorrect information going around this board, like who is 1 game in front of who, and in reality it is 1.5 games!! :lol: Just messin' with ya'.
I'll tighten up, boss :P
GO REBELS!!!